New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Who's buying the iPhone 4S tonight?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

I'm in NY, so the iPhone 4S is going on sale at 3:01 am here, and I plan on trying to buy one then. Anyone else planning on buying one tonight?

shameless plug for my blog
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

No $$$. If I had the $$$ to get one, I would be there in line.

Now if you can front me some $$$! Grin!!
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

I haven't payed for an iPhone since I bought my first one (the 3G). I've always been able to sell my previous iPhone for an amount >= the price of my new iPhone. So the money spent on my iPhone 3G also paid for the 3GS, the iPhone 4, and soon, the 4S.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Sounds great. Let us know how you like yours when you get it.
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

I clicked no, because I can live without having to buy something as soon as it's released. And I like sleeping.
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliehass View Post
I haven't payed for an iPhone since I bought my first one (the 3G). I've always been able to sell my previous iPhone for an amount >= the price of my new iPhone. So the money spent on my iPhone 3G also paid for the 3GS, the iPhone 4, and soon, the 4S.
Thats the same thing I do, except I sell mine around the time solid rumors begin.

I sold my 32GB iPhone4 for around 500 almost 2 months ago, so that paid for a 64GB iPhone4s.

I just pre-ordered mine from AT&T. It said I had to remove my unlimited data plan but the next screen where it ask me to choose a data plan, there was an unlimited option. So I guess I get to keep it.

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I gave in...and bought the darn thing online. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomTuning View Post
Thats the same thing I do, except I sell mine around the time solid rumors begin.

I sold my 32GB iPhone4 for around 500 almost 2 months ago, so that paid for a 64GB iPhone4s.

I just pre-ordered mine from AT&T. It said I had to remove my unlimited data plan but the next screen where it ask me to choose a data plan, there was an unlimited option. So I guess I get to keep it.
So what do you use after you sell your phone, before the new one is released?

QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Online at 2AM to get the wife her new toy. Simple process, and no lines to wait in.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6 Plus | iPad Air 2 64GB LTE | iPad mini 2 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliehass View Post
So what do you use after you sell your phone, before the new one is released?
So far the two times that I have done this, friends have lent me phones that they've had laying around.

The first time a friend let me a decent Nokia (forgot the model) and this time another friend let me a first gen iPhone. My buddy offered to sell me the first gen iPhone which I'll probably buy to keep as a "back up" for when ever I do this again next year. I think you can find them relatively cheap these days.

This really only works because AT&T allows me to upgrade my contact before it's normal date. I'm only 14months into my current contract and I was allowed to upgrade. I think it has something to do with the length of time I've been with them and not having any late payments etc.

I still have Unlimited data as well.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Bought mine on Sprint's site at 7:30am today. I had to get it from Sprint to get my company discount. Now I need to cancel my AT&T contract and sell the 4.

I'm glad to finally be rid of AT&T, but I'm a little concerned about the speed of Sprint's network. I played with a phone in their store last night and it seemed a little slow. I don't do much browsing anyway, so as long as it works at all while I'm at work (which my AT&T phone doesn't) I'll be happy.

I think the feature I'm looking forward to the most is wireless mirroring with Apple TV. Watching videos and playing games from my 4S to my big screen TV looks to be pretty sweet and a killer feature.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Bought mine on Sprint's site at 7:30am today. I had to get it from Sprint to get my company discount. Now I need to cancel my AT&T contract and sell the 4.

I'm glad to finally be rid of AT&T, but I'm a little concerned about the speed of Sprint's network. I played with a phone in their store last night and it seemed a little slow. I don't do much browsing anyway, so as long as it works at all while I'm at work (which my AT&T phone doesn't) I'll be happy.

I think the feature I'm looking forward to the most is wireless mirroring with Apple TV. Watching videos and playing games from my 4S to my big screen TV looks to be pretty sweet and a killer feature.
What about tethering-does Sprint plan allow it?
This is probably the only reason I would consider switching from ATT.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

oh im ordering the phone for my wife. altho i have choosen sleep and i'm ordering right now. as i predicted the same ship date and delivery date as if i stayed up till the wee hours.

On another note FYI i called verizon and even though there is not a unlimited option
for data and my wife had never had a iphone the unlimited data she is on will be grandfathered in. they said to simply choose an option and it will be fixed on our plan automagicly. Also she has had a upgrade available since 2010 but has really liked the droid but decided to try out the iphone. Anyways because of being over 2 years and being the primary she is getting a iphone 4s 32gb for only 199 but i have to do it on the
verizon website the apple website doesnt see the extra discount. Just something for peeps to think about..

60% of the time it works every time.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Just got an email from Sprint that they are "temporarily out of stock". Not surprising, but they were still happy to take the money from me. I'm kind of annoyed by that. Most businesses don't charge you until they can ship your product. Isn't there even a law about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
What about tethering-does Sprint plan allow it?
This is probably the only reason I would consider switching from ATT.
Like all the other networks, they will let you for a price. $30 for them and I don't know if it's capped. I don't tihnk it can be since the plan itself isn't. But if you're going to be tethering to a computer and your AT&T connection is good, I'd say stick with them. AT&T's network is typically much faster than Sprint's network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
On another note FYI i called verizon and even though there is not a unlimited option for data and my wife had never had a iphone the unlimited data she is on will be grandfathered in.
Just be careful about running over and check the fine print. I heard from people on Verizon that if you go over a certain amount of data usage they seriously throttle your connection speed (what they call "optimizing") not only for the rest of the current billing cycle, but also for the entire next one!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Just be careful about running over and check the fine print. I heard from people on Verizon that if you go over a certain amount of data usage they seriously throttle your connection speed (what they call "optimizing") not only for the rest of the current billing cycle, but also for the entire next one!
Yipes i didnt know that. Thanks for the info

60% of the time it works every time.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help Unlocking an Iphone 4 with baseband 4.10.01 | Free Upgrade from iPhone 4 to 4s with Accessories »