Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Specs:
    27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
    iPhone 4/4S Cases
    i Will be getting my first iPhone. So to all who already know, what cases do you recommend for the iPhone 4/4S (on Verizon)? Or where is a good place to start looking? Thanks

Amazon. Just search iPhone 4 case and you will get tons of choices.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    There are a lot of different kind of cases for the iPhone. Each of them have their pros and cons.

I'm sort of in the same boat, trying to sort through the plethora of information.

I narrowed mine down to a front and back screen protector and an aluminum bumper. It all comes down to preferences and looks. Which can put a serious dent in your wallet. The bumper that I bought is 108.24 with tax. Retails for 99.99.

I usually start with youtube. >_>" I know it sounds weird but you get someone perspective and you can look for reviews and it gives you a place to start.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

I wrote a blog on how to choose iPhone 4 and 4s cases:
    https://icollectgadget.wordpress.com...-and-iphone-4/

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenRight View Post
    I wrote a blog on how to choose iPhone 4 and 4s cases:
    https://icollectgadget.wordpress.com...-and-iphone-4/
    That was an eye-opener. Thanks!

Specs:
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    The bumper that I bought is 108.24 with tax. Retails for 99.99
    Would that happen to be an Element case??
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
    Would that happen to be an Element case??
    Yep. The newest one. Element Vapor COMP.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    Yep. The newest one. Element Vapor COMP.
    Sweet, post back once you get it and let me know how you like it. I have always wanted one, but never have ordered it.
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
    Sweet, post back once you get it and let me know how you like it. I have always wanted one, but never have ordered it.
    Definitely. I'll post pictures of the unboxing and stuff. Maybe a video review if I have time.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    $100 for a case??? Wow.

Personally, I think the Invisible Shield for the front and this Case-Mate case (or some variant accounting for personal style) for the back is all you need unless you are subjecting the iPhone to extreme risk (which I know is sometimes unavoidable).

I keep my iPhone in my pocket 90 percent of the time (thank you, bluetooth headphones!) but it's still looking brand new. I used basically the same setup for my iPhone 2G and it still looks almost new after nearly four and a half years. I've never dropped either one, so perhaps I'm less accident-prone than others but as protection against "normal" wear and tear I think the scenario above will do the job.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    $100 for a case??? Wow.

Personally, I think the Invisible Shield for the front and this Case-Mate case (or some variant accounting for personal style) for the back is all you need unless you are subjecting the iPhone to extreme risk (which I know is sometimes unavoidable).

I keep my iPhone in my pocket 90 percent of the time (thank you, bluetooth headphones!) but it's still looking brand new. I used basically the same setup for my iPhone 2G and it still looks almost new after nearly four and a half years. I've never dropped either one, so perhaps I'm less accident-prone than others but as protection against "normal" wear and tear I think the scenario above will do the job.
    I'm not accident prone either. I just want my Phone to look nice and be in pristine condition for when I decide to sell it.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Check out these cases.

iPhone CASES

Magpul makes accessories for assaut rifles. They are a very good company. I have ordered a few of their PMags for my AR-15. I ordered one for when I get my iPhone on Friday. My friend ordered one for his iPhone 4 a couple months ago. They are great. They are an injection molded plastic. They are not soft rubberized material and they are not a hard plastic. The price is also great. Only $9.99.

I ordered 2 OtterBox Commuter cases. Every hard case I've had (3 iPhones) have trapped dirt/debris between the case & the phone and scratched it up. Even the bumper has scratched the aluminum band around my 4. Everyone I know with a Commuter doesn't have a mark on their phone. I think the soft case with hard shell (Commuter) that fits over it is the best of both worlds.
     MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
     MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
     iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
     iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB

Specs:
    27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
    I ended up going with a custom engraved Pittsburgh Penguins case from Coveroo. I figure if it turns out to be crap I will take the loss because it was only around $20 with their free shipping and 15% off NHL Stuff

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by T_O_P12 View Post
    I ended up going with a custom engraved Pittsburgh Penguins case from Coveroo. I figure if it turns out to be crap I will take the loss because it was only around $20 with their free shipping and 15% off NHL Stuff
    Did you read any reviews on it before you bought it?
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Thread Information