New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 4/4S Cases

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

T_O_P12

T_O_P12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S

i Will be getting my first iPhone. So to all who already know, what cases do you recommend for the iPhone 4/4S (on Verizon)? Or where is a good place to start looking? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
StevenRight

StevenRight is on a distinguished road

Amazon. Just search iPhone 4 case and you will get tons of choices.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

There are a lot of different kind of cases for the iPhone. Each of them have their pros and cons.

I'm sort of in the same boat, trying to sort through the plethora of information.

I narrowed mine down to a front and back screen protector and an aluminum bumper. It all comes down to preferences and looks. Which can put a serious dent in your wallet. The bumper that I bought is 108.24 with tax. Retails for 99.99.

I usually start with youtube. >_>" I know it sounds weird but you get someone perspective and you can look for reviews and it gives you a place to start.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
StevenRight

StevenRight is on a distinguished road

I wrote a blog on how to choose iPhone 4 and 4s cases:
https://icollectgadget.wordpress.com...-and-iphone-4/
QUOTE Thanks
Demapples

Demapples is a jewel in the roughDemapples is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRight View Post
I wrote a blog on how to choose iPhone 4 and 4s cases:
https://icollectgadget.wordpress.com...-and-iphone-4/
That was an eye-opener. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
The bumper that I bought is 108.24 with tax. Retails for 99.99
Would that happen to be an Element case??

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
Would that happen to be an Element case??
Yep. The newest one. Element Vapor COMP.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Yep. The newest one. Element Vapor COMP.
Sweet, post back once you get it and let me know how you like it. I have always wanted one, but never have ordered it.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
Sweet, post back once you get it and let me know how you like it. I have always wanted one, but never have ordered it.
Definitely. I'll post pictures of the unboxing and stuff. Maybe a video review if I have time.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

$100 for a case??? Wow.

Personally, I think the Invisible Shield for the front and this Case-Mate case (or some variant accounting for personal style) for the back is all you need unless you are subjecting the iPhone to extreme risk (which I know is sometimes unavoidable).

I keep my iPhone in my pocket 90 percent of the time (thank you, bluetooth headphones!) but it's still looking brand new. I used basically the same setup for my iPhone 2G and it still looks almost new after nearly four and a half years. I've never dropped either one, so perhaps I'm less accident-prone than others but as protection against "normal" wear and tear I think the scenario above will do the job.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
$100 for a case??? Wow.

Personally, I think the Invisible Shield for the front and this Case-Mate case (or some variant accounting for personal style) for the back is all you need unless you are subjecting the iPhone to extreme risk (which I know is sometimes unavoidable).

I keep my iPhone in my pocket 90 percent of the time (thank you, bluetooth headphones!) but it's still looking brand new. I used basically the same setup for my iPhone 2G and it still looks almost new after nearly four and a half years. I've never dropped either one, so perhaps I'm less accident-prone than others but as protection against "normal" wear and tear I think the scenario above will do the job.
I'm not accident prone either. I just want my Phone to look nice and be in pristine condition for when I decide to sell it.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
LifIsPeachy02

LifIsPeachy02 is on a distinguished road

Check out these cases.

iPhone CASES

Magpul makes accessories for assaut rifles. They are a very good company. I have ordered a few of their PMags for my AR-15. I ordered one for when I get my iPhone on Friday. My friend ordered one for his iPhone 4 a couple months ago. They are great. They are an injection molded plastic. They are not soft rubberized material and they are not a hard plastic. The price is also great. Only $9.99.
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

yzfmik is on a distinguished road

I ordered 2 OtterBox Commuter cases. Every hard case I've had (3 iPhones) have trapped dirt/debris between the case & the phone and scratched it up. Even the bumper has scratched the aluminum band around my 4. Everyone I know with a Commuter doesn't have a mark on their phone. I think the soft case with hard shell (Commuter) that fits over it is the best of both worlds.

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
 iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
 iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB
QUOTE Thanks
T_O_P12

T_O_P12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S

I ended up going with a custom engraved Pittsburgh Penguins case from Coveroo. I figure if it turns out to be crap I will take the loss because it was only around $20 with their free shipping and 15% off NHL Stuff
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_P12 View Post
I ended up going with a custom engraved Pittsburgh Penguins case from Coveroo. I figure if it turns out to be crap I will take the loss because it was only around $20 with their free shipping and 15% off NHL Stuff
Did you read any reviews on it before you bought it?

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will iPhone 4S Unlocked purchased in US work on Three UK mobile network? | updating to iOS 5 issues »