Seems impossible but..
    is it possible to have an AT&t factory unlocked iphone? I checked the model number on my phone and it matches at&t but i'm not located in the states and there's no special sim adapter.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
    sounds plausible to me. i bought a iPhone with one carrier and they provided the unblocking codes (via apple) to allow it to be used with any other carrier. Does the definition of 'factory unlocked' apply to this, not sure, but i believe so.

what do you mean by sim adapter? do you mean the plastic thing that allows you to use the micro sim in a normal phone or iPhone 3?

sound to me that the phone you have is not a 'new' phone and as such possibly jail broken rather than factory unlocked

J

Quote Originally Posted by j0nb0y32 View Post
    sounds plausible to me. i bought a iPhone with one carrier and they provided the unblocking codes (via apple) to allow it to be used with any other carrier. Does the definition of 'factory unlocked' apply to this, not sure, but i believe so.

what do you mean by sim adapter? do you mean the plastic thing that allows you to use the micro sim in a normal phone or iPhone 3?

sound to me that the phone you have is not a 'new' phone and as such possibly jail broken rather than factory unlocked

J
    I heard that apple or AT&t would never unlock an iphone in the states so I'm confused as to how this is possible.

by sim adapter I mean gevey ultra or something of the sort.

The phone has the original sim tray, is on 4.3.5 and definitely not jailbroken.

Thread Information