New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Switch from PC to Mac how can I update Iphone4 apps that I already have to new Itunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Shroller64

Shroller64 is on a distinguished road

Just bought a new Mac Book Pro, I orginally had a PC. I have a Iphone 4 and stored all my contacts and apps on my PC. Is there a way to get these things on my new Itunes on the Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You'll need to move your music from your PC to the Mac.

For your apps:
Open up iTunes and authorize it with your existing Apple ID. You'll find it under 'Store' on the menu bar.
Then head for iTunes Store in the sidebar.
Once there, on the right sidebar in the store, under Quick Links, you'll find an itme called Purchases. Click on that and it will take you to a screen where you'll be able to re-download only selected or all apps that you've ever purchased.

As for your Contacts:
After you connect your iPhone, head for the Info tab - put a check in the Sync Contacts box there. Read over the options provided. The first time you sync, it should ask if you want to replace/merge the contacts from the phone to your Mac.

"Assuming" you haven't gotten rid of your PC yet, I'd sync it there one last time making sure to do a backup - always, just in case.

And if you're getting rid of the PC, make sure to go into iTunes and Deauthorize the iTunes account on it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I use an iPhone 3G without cell service on it? | Pandora »