Having a problem forum research and google search wont help with
    So I was up in WV for 4 days, the first day i got their i dropped my iphone into a open cup with 2 inches or so of sprite, the home button and everything below was wet. It didn't turn off or anything and seemed to be fine so i charged it after drying it. no bag of rice, just left it outside in 90F and it seemed dry. after i took it off the charger, it will not recognize ANYTHING plugged into it, no usb, car, or wall charger. Im afraid to go to the apple store considering its jail broken. Any help will be appreciated.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmoneyham View Post
    So I was up in WV for 4 days, the first day i got their i dropped my iphone into a open cup with 2 inches or so of sprite, the home button and everything below was wet. It didn't turn off or anything and seemed to be fine so i charged it after drying it. no bag of rice, just left it outside in 90F and it seemed dry. after i took it off the charger, it will not recognize ANYTHING plugged into it, no usb, car, or wall charger. Im afraid to go to the apple store considering its jail broken. Any help will be appreciated.
    Unfortunately, being jailbroken should be the least of your worries. There are liquid sensitive stickers inside the phone that are tripped when the phone is submerged (this is very common practice for nearly all phones). That effectively negates the warranty.

Hopefully you had some kind of insurance on it. If not, I'm afraid you'll be in the market for a new phone.

In the meantime, you may want to disassemble the phone and try to clean it out. Unfortunately, typically liquid damage is done by shorting circuits - and once it happens, it's usually not reversible by any means (short of replacing parts entirely).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thanks
    Yeah i have insurance on the phone, which is fine but a new one still costs $165. So whats apple's/verizon's policy for opening a phone, will it negate my insurance?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmoneyham View Post
    Yeah i have insurance on the phone, which is fine but a new one still costs $165. So whats apple's/verizon's policy for opening a phone, will it negate my insurance?
    Most likely, yes. If you have insurance, your best bet will be to file a claim. Verizon's insurance does cover accidents involving liquid, so it shouldn't be a problem, although you may have a deductible (but it's not normally that high - usually around $50-100 for Verizon).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information