New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 4 - "No Sim Card" issue.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macbookpro13

macbookpro13 is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I have had my new iPhone 4 for close to 4 weeks now and everything has been a breeze until recently. My phone seems to show that the phone has "No Sim Card Installed" which is obviously not the case.

I have read online that the iPhone has some cases of 'shorting out' with the sim card tray coming in contact with the metal framework. Could this be the case?

I have taken the phone into my provider (optus) and they have issued me a new sim card and if the problem persists they will send it away and claim it on manufatures warranty.

Has anyone else had this issue and are they any suggestions on what I should do?

Thank You
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I think you have done all you can, as you said if the problem persists your carrier will replace it under warranty

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
neilf

neilf is an unknown at this point

I know this thread is slightly old, but as I said, now mine is doing it.
My iPhone 4 is 2 months out of warranty. It has not been mis-treated, it cost me a lot of money! The sim card was put in the day I got the phone and has never been removed. Now I get the "no sim card" issue about twice a day.
I now take the sim out when this happens and re-insert it. Phone works. Until the next time it happens.
I have read the report that putting a piece of tape on the tray ejector will solve the problem.
I am struggling to understand this! How does the tray ejector possibly touch the sim? It seems impossible, but then I don't really understand how the ejection system works.
Anyone got any theories, or is it simply that a 500 phone has lasted 14 months and that's all there is to it?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod 1st Gen apps to Iphone 4s | Songs aren't playing in the order listed. »