New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 3G Safari OS lockout

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vagabond

vagabond is on a distinguished road

This is actually what looks like a software problem, not hardware or accessories but being new on here, there seems to be no other place!

Have had my phone for two years now and never had this bizarre problem.

Clicked on the Safari icon to look at some car rental deals and started to fill in the windows on a specific site. Before I was able to finish, I got this strange error message that seems to be in a perpetual loop and all I can now do is emails, no surfing.

jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting......

Well, no doubt about it! It IS an infinite loop because I'm completely locked out! The only option I have is to click OK.......which brings me back to the same msg! There appears to be no fix on screen. I've tried several of the general settings but nothing works. Even switching on/off the phone does not clear it.

Basically, I am completely locked out of Safari, so no surfing, only email capability. I cannot even chnage the URL or google anything. The error msg is self-repeating and no matter what you do on screen, it remains there.

Any bright ideas how to get out of this glitch?

Thanks

Vagabond
QUOTE Thanks
vagabond

vagabond is on a distinguished road

Problem solved!

Did some general browsing on my laptop relating to Safari browser lock outs on iPhones and tried one of the tips - Completely shut off the phone, including using the slider to power off, wait about 10 seconds, then power back on. Did the trick and now theat pesky error msg is gone and I canuse my browser again.

Looks like the system got overloaded somehow (although I was neither multi-tasking nor running apps in the background).

So, just posting this in case anyone else runs into a simliar problem.

As with most electronic devices, it seems, if in doubt, REBOOT!! Same with my HDTV auto-tuning TV channels by itself...........but that's another story.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

That sounds more like a website behaving badly issue rather than Safari itself..but glad you sorted it out..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Iphone 3Gs bluetooth question | Is this possible? »