New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Trading in my iPhone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FEStarnes

FEStarnes is on a distinguished road

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone here knew if it was possible to trade in an iPhone to Apple because of it glitching. When I first got it around 2 years ago, it ran smoothly and operated quickly but now it seems like the lag produced when I try to launch an application is getting worse and worse. Sometimes it even shuts off the application after launch, because of the strain I suppose.

I would contact Apple directly with the inquiry but I don't want to be put on hold and I'd rather not drive 25 miles to the nearest store. This just seemed to be the easiest alternative.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEStarnes View Post

I would contact Apple directly with the inquiry but I don't want to be put on hold and I'd rather not drive 25 miles to the nearest store. This just seemed to be the easiest alternative.
These sort of problems are handled on a case by case basis. So the only real way to see if you have any repair/replacement/trade-in options is to contact Apple.

Possibly being put on hold or driving 25 miles to the nearest Apple Store may be a heck of a lot easier & less costly than having to buy a whole new iPhone. Also consider that some folks live hundreds of miles from the nearest Apple Store...so 25 miles isn't so bad.

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And before you even do all that:

When's the last time you totally powered the phone off and restarted it?

After that try a reset.

After that try a restore.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Agreed with Bobtomay, try the software fixes above first.

If you're phone is less than two years old and you have AppleCare, they should replace it if software fixes don't resolve the issue. If you don't have AppleCare and they won't replace it for "glitches," ask them to replace it for poor battery life. A battery replacement, if I recall, on an iPhone runs about $79. "Battery replacement" is actually a whole unit replacement, so for about $80 you get a factory refurbished unit, which will have a 90 day warranty and won't affect your contract.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail is Deleting | Iphone 3Gs bluetooth question »