Charging iPhone without installing device
    I would like to be able to charge my phone while at work by plugging the USB cord into my computer. However it seems that I must first install the device on the computer in order to allow it to charge. No problem except that in their infinte wisdom the IT guys at work have denied me access to just about everything except email, the company website, and Microsoft office 2002, so when I plug up the phone I get a message saying that I do not have sufficient privileges to install devices on this computer. I contacted IT with the reasonable request to let me plug up my personal phone and they told me just use an ac adapter. Is there a way to charge the phone without installing the device, or a work around for the security privileges, or should I just get a second wall charger for work, or a new job ha.

Louisville, KY - USA
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    If you work around the security, especially after talking to IT and getting a NO, you could face termination. Not good. Even if the phone will charge without being installed (the PC will run through the install procedures each time you plug it in) you could still face termination if you are caught with the device plugged into the PC.

Best advice (coming from someone in IT, network engineer, at a Fortune 500 company) is to just get a second wall charger. In the long run, less trouble.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Thread Information