New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Cydia not working, don't have SSH installed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hoodaajay1

hoodaajay1 is on a distinguished road

Hi
I have a jailbroken phone with Cydia installed. When I go to Cydia it shows loading data & then just closes.

Solutions I have tried already:

1. I found a lot of links about how to solve this problem but all of them talk about either doing a SSH or using iBrowser to delete some Cydia files. I don't have SSH installed & now I can't install it as Cydia is not working.

2. I downloaded iPhoneBrowser but it doesn't show all the files on my iPhone as afc2 service is not installed on my phone (which I can do only if Cydia works).

3. I have also tried to jailbreak again using BlackRa1n, the jailbreak works fine but the BlackRa1n icon doesn't appear on the phone which would have allowed me to reinstall Cydia. Can anybody please suggest something.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
hoodaajay1

hoodaajay1 is on a distinguished road

Hi
Wasted few days on this as there was no solution posted, finally found something that worked for me...Posting that
1. go to safari on you iphone/ipodtouch
2.go to jailbreakme.com
3.side to download
4. wait and it reinstall cydia and it works
it work fine no problem guys

You will get a warning, if your phone is already jailbroken, don't worry about it & go ahead.
"There is also a warning that jailbreaking an already jailbroken device might cause problems"

IT WORKS
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Case with bottle opener check it out ! | Jailbreak Question »