New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Can't sync iphone while running 10.4.1 wtf?

Thread Closed

Thecoolest

Thecoolest is on a distinguished road

What is this? Are they serious? How do i sync my phone? I'm about to get highly angry. What kinda bs is this? I need itunes 10 to sync it and there telling me i can't get itunes ten. Like really apple? CAn someone please explain to me how i can bypass this bs and sync it? And no i am not updating my mac because i don't have money to dole out for a new OS or else i would have already bought it. Just got this phone today and its telling me i can't sync it. I have hundreds of dollars worth of apps and music on this POS computer and it wont let me sync it.
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Come back when you've calmed down and we'll explain how buying 2011 equipment and connecting it to an OS from five years ago won't work, but that if you'd just kept your OS up to date during the Leopard era (2007-2009) everything would be fine now.

If you have an Intel Mac, it's going to cost you a WHOLE $30 (or waiting a month) to fix this issue. If you don't have an Intel Mac, seriously -- you don't have a leg to stand on, complaining-wise. I know you don't want to hear this right now, but the bottom line is that the guy who mucked this up is the cheap sonofagun living in your shaving mirror.
Thecoolest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Come back when you've calmed down and we'll explain how buying 2011 equipment and connecting it to an OS from five years ago won't work, but that if you'd just kept your OS up to date during the Leopard era (2007-2009) everything would be fine now.

If you have an Intel Mac, it's going to cost you a WHOLE $30 (or waiting a month) to fix this issue. If you don't have an Intel Mac, seriously -- you don't have a leg to stand on, complaining-wise. I know you don't want to hear this right now, but the bottom line is that the guy who mucked this up is the cheap sonofagun living in your shaving mirror.
Oh really? What don't you understand about me not having the money to upgrade? If I had the money to upgrade I would have done it quite a few years ago.

And wtf? Would it have been that hard for them to say "btw you can't sync this to tiger?" They are money hungry POS. How old is xp buddy? They can make iTunes for xp but not there own os? Microsoft would never try this crap. And really how hard would it be to make ITUNES simple program like ITUNES backwards compatible. Or how about they dont make the upgrade mandatory at all? Idk how anyone could support apple.

Oh and I don't believe I asked for your opinion. I asked for a way to sync my iPod free of charge.a
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

If you just purchased your phone, you have 15 days to take it back. If it's been more than 15 days, Craigslist it. We have no time to feed the trolls. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Thecoolest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenStranger View Post
If you just purchased your phone, you have 15 days to take it back. If it's been more than 15 days, Craigslist it. We have no time to feed the trolls. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.
Really asking a question is trolling? Why don't you take apples nuts out of your mouth? You are trolling more then me seeing as how you didn't answer even one of my questions. You don't have a rebuttal so you just call me a troll? Get a life.
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Bye now! Oh, and good luck getting an Android phone to work with your antique Mac either, pal.

PS. Clue: system requirements are written ON THE BOX. Try reading next time. See ya!
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

Well it is because tiger is a rather old OS apple has come out with 2 new operating systems. I can see why you are upset but tiger is outdated now.
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

The new iPhone 4, and not sure how far back need iTunes 10. iTunes 10 needs OS X Leopard and above. iTunes is the only application that can properly sync with iPhones. Those are the facts, this forum and members surely have no pull with Apple to change that..

Ergo, if you wish to sync with your new iPhone, you'll need iTunes 10 and a Mac that is new enough to run it or Windows..

If you can't upgrade your OS to run iTunes 10, you can't sync with your iPhone..so deal with that however you can..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

We do not allow cussing and insults to members here at Mac Forums. Cool off please.
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

This thread isn't going to go anywhere positive so I'm going to close it. As a reminder, let's all remember the following from the Community Guidelines:
Quote:
Play nice.
Our community is made up of many kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I've seen this argument about Windows XP being able to run newer versions of iTunes before and I just want to remind everyone about this...

Windows XP had an unusually long lifespan for an OS. New computers were being sold with Windows XP from late 2001 all the way into 2010. And being that XP has one of the largest installed user bases of any OS, it would be madness for Apple not to take great pains to continue to support XP.

During the time that XP was a mainstream OS, Apple not only released the original iteration of OS X, but 6 major revisions to it. This release schedule was more inline with Microsoft's normal methodology. So, the unusually long life of XP is somewhat of an anomaly in the industry.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Closed

« Is there a Universal Remote App for iPad/iPhone that doesn't need hardware? | iphone 3gs in toilet PLEASE HELP! »