New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Just bought an iPhone4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shutterbrandon

shutterbrandon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 8GB Ram AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5

Quick question. I have accidently hung up on people twice now by my beard hitting the end button. Why doesn't this screen turn off like android?
QUOTE Thanks
RadioSaigon

RadioSaigon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0

ahhhmmm -it does.

Maybe something else you're doing?

Keep it Straight with Rudder
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Never had that problem. The screen controls turn off (go black) when you move it near your face. It has a proximity sensor that makes this happen. Try turning it on, making a call, putting it to your ear, and then pull it away quickly and look at the screen. See if it is working. Maybe something's wrong with your proximity sensor.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

The proximity sensor can be tested also by calling a number - any number should be fine - and holding your hand over the top 1/3 of the screen. If the proximity sensor is working properly, it should go black when you cover the screen and display again when you remove your hand. If you're using a case, try removing the case and repeating the test - I've seen cases that will affect the proximity sensors, especially if they aren't fitting properly.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

If it is in a white otter box it is known to do this, but not the black for some reason
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Viewing Photo Albums | Using iPhone's Internet Connection »