New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iphone 4 jailbreak

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dannyapple

dannyapple is on a distinguished road

I just bought an Iphone 4 ver 4.3.2 BB4.10, I just ordered a Gevey Pro sim card to unlock it, My questions are, If I Jailbreak my phone the Baseband will change? I dont want to loose GPS service, And what program should i use to jailbreak?
thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Jailbreaking doesn't affect your baseband. All it essentially does is install Cydia, letting you install third party apps not in the App Store.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
dannyapple

So unlocking its what makes the baseband change right? what program can I use to jailbreak it, greenpois0n is not compatible with 4.3.2 yet?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

redsn0w is currently compatible with the latest firmware. However, if you plan on unlocking, I highly suggest you do a lot of reading on the subject, especially regarding basebands. There is no unlock available for the latest basebands.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
dannyapple

I don't want to unlock it, because it will change my baseband and I dont want to loose my gps, I'll just use the gevey sim card. All i want is the jailbreak so i can costumize my iphone.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Oh well in that case redsn0w is perfect for you

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
dannyapple

all right! thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
Antoniof93

Antoniof93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Oh well in that case redsn0w is perfect for you
Can I jailbreak my iPhone 4.2.1 BB 3.10.01 after I've installed the Gevey sim? Will this mess up the unblock? Which program is best? Greenpois0n or RedSnow?
QUOTE Thanks
dannyapple

It will not mess your unlock with the gevey sim card, and for the 4.2.1 i think greenpois0n is the easiest way
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4 wrist strap | iphone 3G asks for itunes password at random »