Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPhone Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/iphone-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   iPhone 3GS Tether To iPad 2? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/iphone-hardware-accessories/237171-iphone-3gs-tether-ipad-2-a.html)

MrMacMan56 05-02-2011 03:27 PM

iPhone 3GS Tether To iPad 2?

Hello,

I have just bought a Wi-Fi only iPad 2 and cannot upgrade to a iPhone 4 until October, Is there anyway that I can tether to my iPad 2 from my 3GS?

Please let me know ASAP!

Cheers,

Matt;D

rabbitjetta 05-03-2011 10:43 PM

Jailbeak the iphone is the only option, or you could do the early upgrade if possible but it sounds like you can't. By the time you can get the 4 the 5 (or whatever they call it will be out.)

MrMacMan56 05-04-2011 03:54 PM

Hi,

I am supposed to have an upgrade in January October is the earliest! Shame! My Dad offered me his unlimited tethering package! I do not want to jailbreak my iPhone

Tommyg80 05-04-2011 10:10 PM

I would just jailbreal it. I jail break specifically to tether using "Miwi-Fi." In my opinion its the greates app ever. But it thats also because it serves my need. I already have unlimited minutes/data/texting. Why should I pay anymore to tether to my I pad, or any other device for that matter!

AUZambo 05-05-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMacMan56 (Post 1229571)
Hi,

I am supposed to have an upgrade in January October is the earliest! Shame! My Dad offered me his unlimited tethering package! I do not want to jailbreak my iPhone

Is there a reason you don't want to jailbreak it?

Overtino 05-06-2011 03:58 AM

Hey, I'm in a similar position. I have an iPhone 3GS (due to upgrade in Oct) and an iPad 2 Wifi arriving in a few days.

My iPhone IS jailbroken. I have the MyWi app, but it doesn't work because I don't have a Rock ID (and sign up is closed or not working), so I can't use the app. Any alternatives?

Thanks

AUZambo 05-06-2011 01:21 PM

Have you paid for the MyWi app, or did you just download it for the free trial?

If the free trial is over, then you need to pay the $20 to continue using it (worth the money). I never had a Rock ID, but I still have a paid for version of MyWi that works fine.

Tommyg80 05-08-2011 02:23 AM

If you were using Rock then Cydia will have your info.

Overtino 05-09-2011 05:16 AM

I have had a cracked version of MyWi for ages (never used it), when I go on it asks for my Rock ID. I don't want to buy it for 20 and then not be able to get on because I don't have a Rock ID.

Tommy - The problem is I wasn't using Rock...

Had some problems over the weekend with my iPhone anyway trying to install PDANet (an alternative) and it was a disaster, got stuck and wouldn't even go into DFU mode for days, so I'm not sure if it will even have any apps on or be jailbroken after the restore...

Jaygray 05-09-2011 08:40 AM

Rock was bought out by Cydia. If you purchased any apps with a Rock ID, Cydia has an option to "Associate Rock ID" with your Cydia account. All your purchases will transfer over. If you didn't actually purchase and want to test out MyWi, then redownload it from Cydia. You'll be able to try it out for a few days before purchase.

Another option available via Cydia which is a whole lot cheaper is TetherMe, which now includes a WiFi tether option.

Tommyg80 05-09-2011 02:35 PM

I love Miwi-Fi and SB SETTINGS. Together they are an amazing duo!