New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

White iPhone 4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thekilierdonut

thekilierdonut is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.

Just got the announcement on my Apple RSS feed, it is being released tomorrow - haven't seen anything on the forum about it yet, but I'm also severely nearsighted. I'm not getting one, I'm perfectly happy with the black one, but I know a lot of people who have been waiting forever. Available in Apple Stores, AT&T, Verizon, and "selected resellers."

Mid 2010 MBP 2.53 GHz i5, 4GB RAM || iPhone 4 16 GB iOS 4.3 (not jailbroken) || Amazon Kindle (graphite display) || HP Netbook running Win7 or Ubuntu || Various iPods
*Macintosh, MACintosh, or M.A.C.intosh. Which one looks correct? *
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

It was on apple.com this morning
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I'm baffled as to why this is such a big deal - but hey - if it makes people happy It's the first time I can recall a simple change in color almost having the same interest as a product release.
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

bentharbour has a spectacular aura about

I much prefer the look of the black iPhone. I have seen the videos and one in person (I cannot say it wa s legit, but it looked perfect and did not look like the chinese oem parts).

Although I know two people who are going nuts just thinking about the white iPhone, I am perfectly happy with my black one and would buy it again.

However, i LOVE my iPad 2 in white

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
bettencourt

bettencourt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: OSX10.9.0 MBA 2012 1.8Ghz/4Gb/128/ Iphone4/5S 16Gb

It is beautiful but only changes the colour.

Save the water, drink beer.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
I'm baffled as to why this is such a big deal - but hey - if it makes people happy It's the first time I can recall a simple change in color almost having the same interest as a product release.
I'd say it's because people came to expect the two color choices. Then with the iPhone 4 came delays and delays and rumors and reports and speculation, blah blah blah. So it got blown up to huge proportions and now it's been so anticipated and talked about that many people are viewing it as a big deal. I personally don't care. I prefer black. But some people have been waiting for this for a long time and now (tomorrow) it's finally available.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Steve Adams

Steve Adams is on a distinguished road

At first, I was all over trying to get a white one and hopeing they would release it before I bought mine, but I prefer black now, and with the black ipod 2 and my cinema monitor, they all look seamless together like its a full system.
QUOTE Thanks
odenkun

odenkun is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 5

I got it today.... at AT&T store. No one was waiting. It is just a color thing but I wanted so I am happy now, plus I replaced from 3G so the difference is significant.
QUOTE Thanks
Steve Adams

Steve Adams is on a distinguished road

oh yeah, the iphone 4 guts are amazing. I love the phone...but im partial to the black one, even tho I am probably going to get the white for the wife.
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by odenkun View Post
I got it today.... at AT&T store. No one was waiting. It is just a color thing but I wanted so I am happy now, plus I replaced from 3G so the difference is significant.
Congrats, yeah its a personal preference, and the White one is definitely still beautiful.

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
odenkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentharbour View Post
Congrats, yeah its a personal preference, and the White one is definitely still beautiful.
Thanks, it is indeed a beautiful device. The color makes a lot different in looks especially after having a black 3G for 2 years and 6 months!
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

yeah the upgrade there is huge!

Do you have a case? I just read that is it a bit thicker than the black iPhone, so I wouldn't go out and blindly buy any iPhone 4 case.

QUOTE Thanks
odenkun

At this moment I use it as a bareback; no case. Just bought a scratch protection film for the screen side. The back of the phone is still covered with the original film because I want to get a bumper from Apple.

Since I do not have a black iPhone 4, I have no knowledge about the thickness difference.

I was at a restaurant last night and I could see the aisle passing customers were paying attention to the white phone, sitting on my table. It was funny.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

I always have owned black devices..but when I saw the phone in white at the apple store it blew me away

It's beautiful
QUOTE Thanks
Jman

Jman is on a distinguished road

I think white ipad looks cool, but white iphone looks dumb. Dunno why... lol
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« old iPhone replaced new one- how to sync | Intermittent touch response from iPhone 2g »