New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

3GS 99% charge question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rich1707

rich1707 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20" & MacBook Pro 13"

Hi

My iPhone 3GS sits on my dock all night charging, in the morning it says 100% but as soon as i remove it from the dock it instantly goes to 99%.
At this point i can restart the phone and it restarts with 100% until another night of charge and the same again the next morning. I have tried leaving it on my iMac overnight but same result, so i'm sure it's an iPhone thing.

I am debating taking it to a genius bar as i have AppleCare but it seems a bit petty for such a small problem that doesn't affect the phones use.

Anybody have any ideas please ?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I agree with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1707 View Post
Hi

... it seems a bit petty for such a small problem that doesn't affect the phones use.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
rich1707

wow, thanks for all your help !
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

How new is this 3GS? How long has it been doing this? The battery, over time, will start to hold it's charge less and less...

My old 3G my wife uses as a iPod Touch has about a 1.5 to 2 hr life on a single charge if she's lucky..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
rich1707

Thanks for the info.
The phone was replaced around 6 months ago for a refurb under AppleCare and started acting weird about 2 months ago.

Apple support got me to do the power and square button reset and to monitor it.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

Lol @ the second post..

My 3GS does the same thing..no worries
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« why does my iphone keep going onto 3G btopen zone when i have a 40meg broadband | iphone 3gs barely any signal »