New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Iphone Disassembly/Repair Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yoo992

yoo992 is on a distinguished road

I disassembled my iphone a long time ago and replaced the back housing, a move I regret.

Now I am having problems with my vibrate, it is not working at all. Also, when I disassembled the iphone a long time ago, a part popped off and I could never, even to this day, figure out where it goes or what it does. (Please see circled item in the picture)

What does this item do! and where does it go? and is it important??
What is it called??

Also, any ideas on the vibrate function??

Thanks so much

edit: Back when it was working, it would always seem extra loud and sounded like it was vibrating in a way that it wasn't supposed to. i opened it back up and just rescrewed the vib cable and logic board and it worked again in that weird way, and then it didn't work again.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Go to iFixit: The free repair manual and look up the take apart instructions for your iPhone. From the diagrams and breakdown, you should be able to identify the part and where it goes.
QUOTE Thanks
yoo992

I found out where it goes.. but I still have no idea what it does. Is it related at all the the vibrate function?

When I switch on my vibrate, it works once and then doesn't work at all until i open the iphone up again. Also, it sounds like its rattling something really hard in a way that's not supposed to..
QUOTE Thanks
yoo992

no1 seems to care or be interested.. but for future reference maybe a poor guy doing a futile google attempt.. that piece is the sim card lever. It makes the sim card pop out when you poke that hole...

Also, the vibrate wasn't working properly due to semi-stripped screws not screwed in tight enough.
All done by trial and error people
QUOTE Thanks
cpc12

cpc12 is on a distinguished road

I post offen and no one replies, this site is kinda slow.

I get all my questions answered at crackbery.com and tipb.com.

I thought I would get a good response here but its a negative...
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc12 View Post
I post offen and no one replies, this site is kinda slow.

I get all my questions answered at crackbery.com and tipb.com.

I thought I would get a good response here but its a negative...
Looked at all your posts. All 8 have replies and you haven't posted back in response. People can only do so much remotely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoo992
no1 seems to care or be interested.. but for future reference maybe a poor guy doing a futile google attempt.. that piece is the sim card lever. It makes the sim card pop out when you poke that hole...

Also, the vibrate wasn't working properly due to semi-stripped screws not screwed in tight enough.
All done by trial and error people
I think it's simply that there isn't a huge "hardware tinkering" bumch on here. So you only got a single post referring to iFixit. That's how it goes somethings. People only see a small number of the overall posts and of thoses only a few will have an answer. That's the way forums are. Glad you found your way through it and thanks for posting back. Many don't. I'm sure it will help someone in the same situation Googling for help

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
I think it's simply that there isn't a huge "hardware tinkering" bumch on here. So you only got a single post referring to iFixit. That's how it goes somethings.
I think that's the kicker. It's also a very obscure question. I've taken 3 iPhones apart to replace shattered front glass so I figured I may be able to answer, but I had no clue.

I imagine lots of people clicked the thread and just didn't know the answer so they moved on. I guess we could simply post, "I have no idea."

Props to the OP for including good pictures though!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Alarm issue | iPhone 4 ring tone missing part »