Thread: New to iphone

Specs:
    Macbook Pro / G4 / ipod
    New to iphone
    I've been a mac user for years but i've only just got my first iphone today. Can i start using it straight away from the box without hooking it up to itunes first? It's a 3gs and i'm running tiger which doesn't have the latest itunes on it.

I'm pretty sure it has to be synced before it can be used.

Specs:
    21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
    Go to AT&T or Verizon, you should be able to use it without syncing to iTunes. If you ordered it from Apple, than you have to syncing it. But at the stores, they'll turn it on for you to authenticate, and make sure the device is working. I was able to use my iPhone after I got it from AT&T.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardyweirdy View Post
    I've been a mac user for years but i've only just got my first iphone today. Can i start using it straight away from the box without hooking it up to itunes first? It's a 3gs and i'm running tiger which doesn't have the latest itunes on it.
    You have to hook it up to iTunes to activate the phone on your cell account unless the folks in the store already did it for you. Self activation is easy and takes about 30 seconds to complete.

Thread Information