Specs:
    iMac i7 OSX 10.6.6 4GB/iPhone
    Cool Need to change my Text tone .....
    Iphone4 ... several other people in the office have the same Iphone and text tones ...so we all look at our phones when a text comes in ... meetings ect..
    ...I downloaded professional tones ..with the idea I know it my text
    ..is there a way to change ..my text tones ..on the Iphone ...they have it for the ringtone...why not text tone ..feedback please

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Settings>General>Sounds>Text Tone.
    That's the list of provided text tones. I don't know if any you downloaded would be there. Might want to check with wherever you downloaded them from if they don't show up in the menu path I provided.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    Thank you for the quick input...I have checked there ..but it just gives me the basics and some new iphone tones...everyone else has ...
    Everyone changes ..there tones trying to focus in on their own text sound..in the office ..but there are only a chosen few tones..in the text area ...there should be a place in the IPhone for personnel text tones ...Sounds like a good idea to me ...after all it is a Mac ....

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Intensity View Post
    ..but there are only a chosen few tones..in the text area ...there should be a place in the IPhone for personnel text tones ...Sounds like a good idea to me ...after all it is a Mac ....
    That does sound like a good idea to create your own text tones.
    23 optional text tones isn't enough to differentiate from your fellow employees? Sorry to hear that.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    In the office ...in public ...just dont want to keep reaching ..for my phone..if I hear a tone I read about a professional tones site ..in this forum ..www.iringpro.com...great site ..for ring tones ...the tones are so different..I use it for my ringtone ..

it might have been you who suggested the site NYmacROX...

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    You can not add custom text tones to iOS at this point. It's the one thing I wish Apple would add, although I understand why it is not there.

Oddly, I don't think you can even do if you JB your phone.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    You can not add custom text tones to iOS at this point. It's the one thing I wish Apple would add, although I understand why it is not there.

Oddly, I don't think you can even do if you JB your phone.
    You can but you have to replace the tones with the same default names. >_>"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    You can but you have to replace the tones with the same default names. >_>"
    Well that's certainly inconvenient.

Specs:
    Why would it be ...a problem..to have personnel text tones..Is it that much of a problem for Apple to do ..Is it worth it for me to ..JB...my phone to get personnel text tones...
    A lot more people ...text more than they talk ..

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Intensity View Post
    Why would it be ...a problem..to have personnel text tones..Is it that much of a problem for Apple to do ..Is it worth it for me to ..JB...my phone to get personnel text tones...
    A lot more people ...text more than they talk ..
    Lets not forget that iOS is an offshoot of OSX itself. Customizing system tones and sounds on OSX is doable, but far more difficult than it should be. Unlike ring tones, the text tones, much like systems sounds in OSX, are in the core of the OS. They also have to be in a specific format (for OSX it's AIFF). Giving the user easy access to the core seems to me to be the issue (IMO). Changing it would probably require some sort rework in the core of the OS itself. I'm hoping that 10.7 and iOS 5 (or 6) address this.

Could you not just put your phone in a shirt or pants pocket so that you will also feel it vibrate? You might hear your same text tone, but you're not going to feel your co-worker's phone vibrate.

Specs:
    MacLicious
    Could you not just put your phone in a shirt or pants pocket so that you will also feel it vibrate?
    True....but I can't just carry my Iphone in my pant pocket all day.. I guess nothing is easy..the tech age has come so far,just have to wait ...it going to happen..sooner than later...

Thread Information