New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - AppleCare Protection Plan - Can get it for my VZW iPhone 4?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Norsk

Norsk is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am wondering if I can purchase iPhone - AppleCare Protection Plan for my Verizon iPhone 4. Not sure if it is for AT&T only.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Apple Care can be purchased for your iPhone direct from Apple or through Verizon when you buy the phone. It works the same way for both AT&T and Verizon and the cost is the same.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Before you buy it, make sure you understand what it is relative to competing products...

AppleCare is not insurance. It will not cover you in the event the phone drops, gets wet or is lost. It simply covers you for manufacturer's defects for a period of one year beyond the factory warranty. Quite frankly, any manufacturer defects are going to be evident within that first year. There are no moving parts in the machine, everything is solid state. The chances of you actually using this are slim to none....

Verizon offers an insurance program for $10.99/mo. that covers you against loss, theft, or accidental damage (excluding full liquid immersion).

Squaretrade offers and insurance program that covers manufacturer's defects and accidental damage (including full liquid immersion) for $99.

And there's quite a few others out there. Be sure to Google iPhone warranties before you commit.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Norsk

Norsk is on a distinguished road

Oh, I had Applecare Protection Plan for my AT&T iPhone 3GS. I switched back to Verizon to get out of AT&T's crappy service. Waited til the Verizon iPhone becomes available.

Wasnt sure if it is for AT&T only. So Im glad I can get it anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
thekilierdonut

thekilierdonut is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.

I've never had anything but great service from my AT&T iPhone and I've had three iterations of the product, but I also live in a decent sized metro area with good cell coverage no matter what network you're on. I wouldn't think you would need the Protection Plan for an iPhone. I'd go with a 3rd party insurance plan. As stated above, it's all solid state with no moving parts. I'd save Apple Care for the really big expensive products.
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

Personally I stay away from 99% of all care plans, because they generally only protect against defects in the products and not accidental damage. Apple makes very reliable products, and if there is a defect it will show up before the manufacturer's warranty expires.

I'd just stick that $10/month under your mattress and before long you'll have enough money to pay for any damages out of pocket.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Iphone ''no service'' help? | iphone 4 screen TOTALLY shattered :( »