New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billinden

billinden is on a distinguished road

After much research, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy an iPhone and sign up with Verizon (not AT&T). Any suggestions on the best place to get it? Best Buy, Amazon, Verizon Store, Verizon online? I will be signing up with a family plan and purchasing an inexpensive cell phone for calling and texting only for my wife. She doesn't want an iPhone. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

bentharbour has a spectacular aura about

It is pretty much all the same. Personally, I would go with in store because it would enable you to leave with it (providing they have stock). Unless you are okay with waiting around for a couple days! but it is the weekend now, so you would have to wait until at least money for them to ship it!

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
billinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentharbour View Post
It is pretty much all the same. Personally, I would go with in store because it would enable you to leave with it (providing they have stock). Unless you are okay with waiting around for a couple days! but it is the weekend now, so you would have to wait until at least money for them to ship it!
I appreciate your suggestion. I will follow your lead.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

VZW sold a good portion (not sure) of their iPhones online and still had many left over for the second release in stores. I doubt any place is sold out, even if you check the online availability of the iPhone on the Best Buy website, I'm sure you'll see full availability all across your area. If you are not picky and want to buy locally, just go wherever you think you won't have to wait the longest among other customers.

I'm not that found of VZW stores personally, since they tried to talk me out of a purchase of an iPhone to sell me some cheap Android phone. This was a couple days after VZW announced the iPhone on their network.
QUOTE Thanks
billinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
VZW sold a good portion (not sure) of their iPhones online and still had many left over for the second release in stores. I doubt any place is sold out, even if you check the online availability of the iPhone on the Best Buy website, I'm sure you'll see full availability all across your area. If you are not picky and want to buy locally, just go wherever you think you won't have to wait the longest among other customers.

I'm not that found of VZW stores personally, since they tried to talk me out of a purchase of an iPhone to sell me some cheap Android phone. This was a couple days after VZW announced the iPhone on their network.
Thanks for the information. High pressure salesmen (especially phone salesmen) turn me off immediately. That's how I got involved in an AT&T contract and a Blackberry Bold. I'll never make that mistake again. Perhaps Verizon didn't think it through when they added the Android, then the iPhone shortly after. There was no question about which one to get as far as I was concerned. I'm an Apple fan forever.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

I just went to the Apple store (assuming you have one near you). They are also willing to help you set it up if you've never had one before.
iPhone 4 for AT&T and Verizon - 16GB & 32GB - Apple Store (U.S.)
QUOTE Thanks
thekilierdonut

thekilierdonut is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.

The Apple Store is definitely the way to go if you have one in your area. Phone salespeople are all skeezy. It's their job to be skeezy.
QUOTE Thanks
Yellow_glide

Yellow_glide is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.2Ghz, 1TB LaCie external Drive

Just got home with my iPhone 4 from VZW. Apple store and VZW were in the same area: went to VZW since we had multiple phones on one plan and wanted to make sure the plan didn't get fouled up.

Wasn't too concerned about the sales person as almost all of my support comes comes from the excellent resources on this forum.

iMac 27", i3, 4GB. 1TB LaCie external drive
iPhone 4 16GB on Verizon
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_glide View Post
Just got home with my iPhone 4 from VZW. Apple store and VZW were in the same area: went to VZW since we had multiple phones on one plan and wanted to make sure the plan didn't get fouled up.

Wasn't too concerned about the sales person as almost all of my support comes comes from the excellent resources on this forum.
congratulations on your new iPhone 4. enjoy it.

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Small business iPhone deployment questions? | iPhone 4 keeps switching & staying on EDGE »