New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Iphone Battery Draining really fast

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jengee

Jengee is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

Is anyone else having issues with their Iphone 4 Battery life? I've had the phone since it came out, and it just recently started getting really bad. This morning at 830AM, I left my house with 100% battery. Its 11AM now and my battery is at 50%. Any thoughts on what I can do to try to fix this? It's really frustrating!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Try resetting the phone.

QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

did you always have push notifications on?
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Aye - did you turn on something like push? Did you add a new email account? Did you install a new program?

If not try a backup - then restore the phone. Don't load the old stuff - i.e. setup as a new iphone. If that fixes it then something you installed went south. If it doesn't you may want to go to the apple store. You can always restore, and setup from a backup again.
QUOTE Thanks
apptree

apptree is on a distinguished road

try to tun off some functions like 3G or push notifications that use the power all the time.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Turning down the brightness more than half way can compensate for anything that might be draining the battery.
QUOTE Thanks
jer16

Try Apple's advice at Apple - Batteries - iPhone - basically, turn off anything you are not using, especially network things like Locations, Push, Notifications, Wifi (it uses battery searching for local wifis a you move about), bluetooth, 3G. Turn down the brightness too. And while you are not going to be answering calls or texts, turn on (confusingly) Airplane mode as well.
QUOTE Thanks
thekilierdonut

thekilierdonut is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.

I have found that double clicking the home button and closing apps you have in the multitask bar helps a lot. All of the other advice everyone else is posting is also legit.
QUOTE Thanks
CarlD

CarlD is on a distinguished road

I think you have to accept that over time the battery is gradually going to decline, this is what happened to mine and my wife's.

Also the more apps you add and the more you use it, this will also decay the battery.

Juts turn the brightness down and don't mess around with things "for the sake of it" and it will last longer
QUOTE Thanks
Steve Adams

Steve Adams is on a distinguished road

My battery life kicks. I'm using my phone heavily and I can't drain my battery in a day. I'm ready to charge at the end of day two. If you have to shut off all the connectivity features go buy an iPod.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 3gs Program | 2 iphones and 1 address book »