New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

watch for iphone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maanico1

maanico1 is on a distinguished road

this may be silly, but is there a watch for the iphone that would allow you to view sms, email, missed calls?

i saw that android had something pretty cool called the SE Liveview, except that reviews said that it sucked.
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

A watch like you wear on your wrist? I hope this doesn't come across as insulting, but is English your primary language? On forums like this there are posters from all over the world and I'm just wondering if you meant "watch" as in "to look at something" instead of the type of watch that tells you the time.

If you meant to ask if there's a way to quickly check your SMS, email, etc. without having to unlock your phone you'll probably have to jailbreak it. There's an app in Cydia (the jailbroken app store) that allows you to customize your lock screen so you can see different things. I don't have that app because I don't feel like paying for it, but perhaps within it is a setting that allows you to check your things.

If you're talking about an actual watch, have you considered taping your phone to your arm?!
QUOTE Thanks
maanico1

maanico1 is on a distinguished road

Yes. A wristwatch. That liveview mentioned in my first post is the name of such a product for android. It allows you to see information from your phone on a wristwatch sized device.

Preview of it here.

Sony Ericsson LiveView puts an Android remote on your wrist
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

Wow...that's really cool. I obviously didn't even know such a device existed (hence my confusion with the first post!).

I've never seen one for an iPhone, but I hope they come out with one. Looks pretty handy. I could pretend I'm **** Tracy with one of those. After that all I'll need is a bow tie that doubles as a hidden camera!
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Liveview does look pretty sweet and I would hope Apple could make something similar out of the Nano with bluetooth connectivity. If something like that existed, I'd have it in a second.

I heard Liveview is getting some much-needed upgrades. If it gets very popular, maybe Apple will do something similar.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
Wow...that's really cool. I obviously didn't even know such a device existed (hence my confusion with the first post!).

I've never seen one for an iPhone, but I hope they come out with one. Looks pretty handy. I could pretend I'm **** Tracy with one of those. After that all I'll need is a bow tie that doubles as a hidden camera!
What kind of world do we live in where they censor the names of comic book heroes!!

Also, where's the edit button? I was just gonna edit my post, but it wouldn't let me.

*EDIT: I found the edit button for this one. I guess they remove that option for posts over a certain age.
QUOTE Thanks
iHoney

iHoney is on a distinguished road

saw that too last week! was thinking, the same, where can i get one like that for the iphone?? i bet they'll be some soon
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
What kind of world do we live in where they censor the names of comic book heroes!!

Also, where's the edit button? I was just gonna edit my post, but it wouldn't let me.

*EDIT: I found the edit button for this one. I guess they remove that option for posts over a certain age.
Drawback of a fully-automated system. Hopefully you won't get a warning for it though.

That was my grandfather's nickname for his name, Richard. Used to be so common back in the day. Nowadays, even after having heard it a lot as a child, it does sound odd.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Drawback of a fully-automated system. Hopefully you won't get a warning for it though.

That was my grandfather's nickname for his name, Richard. Used to be so common back in the day. Nowadays, even after having heard it a lot as a child, it does sound odd.
We don't just hand out infractions without thinking.

Of course we know what he meant in the original post, so there's nothing wrong. But the word used is most often used for a different reason and not for a person's first name, hence why it's on the list.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recommend screen protector | Strange iPhone 4 water damage....HELP? »