New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Best protective face cover for the iPhone 4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billwill

billwill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5

I have the eGrips on the back and sides of my iPhone 4 but feel I should have some protection for the face as well.

I will appreciate recommendations (and testimonials) on various protective films for the iPhone 4. I like the Zagg product but I'm not very comfortable with the "wet" mounting process it uses. Is there a product with a "dry" (and simple) mounting process that won't make the display look cloudy? Thanks in advance for your help.

"Laughter is an instant vacation"
- Milton Berle
QUOTE Thanks
Weiser878

Weiser878 can only hope to improve

Personally, I've yet to find a protective screen film that's as scratch resistant or less likely to smudge than no protector at all. The glass it a lot harder than the plastic films.

IMO, you're better without one
QUOTE Thanks
redraven

redraven is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4Ghz Intel 250GB HD 10.6.6, iPhone 4 4.2.1 jb redsn0w

Like you, I was worried about the wet mount process. I actually had my husband do it for me the first time because I was afraid the protector would get glued on in the wrong spot or that I would get fluid everywhere....But it's really very easy to do and you have ample time to place the film/retry/start over.

I tried Zagg, which I liked (I removed it because I didn't let it dry long enough and corner peeled back and stuff got under...). Then I tried Stealth Guard when they had a great special on. I actually liked these better as they are smoother and less tacky to the touch. Stealth is dry mount but I used the leftover solution from the zagg kit to apply it.

Only caveat with these films...some cases align with the edge of the film and cause it to peel a little (ie. my speck case)...and make sure you let them dry before putting you phone in your pocket etc!!
QUOTE Thanks
nicecrew

nicecrew is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp

Heres a list of some pretty nice covers, they dont cover the screen so it should not create a cloudy effect. Five Best iPhone Cases and Covers
Hope this helped!
nicecrew

[SIZE="2"] Macbook ownwer (3,1) Macbook Pro owner Ipod nano owner HP Pavililion owner
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Waterproof case that is functional!!! | Restore Mode »