New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Macbook stolen-how to ad music to iPhone without erasing..?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Danny66

Danny66 is on a distinguished road

Hey,
I know it's not strictly 'hardware' but there was nowhere else I could find to post...

Basically, my Macbook Pro was stolen over Christmas so I'm temporarily using an '08 Macbook. I have some music on this laptop that I want to transfer to my iPhone but when I connect the phone and check 'manually manage songs and videos' it asks me if I want to erase the phone's data. Obviously, with no backup, I'm not too keen on doing this, how can I just add some music?
Thanks a lot,
Danny
QUOTE Thanks
can you llamma

can you llamma is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

drag the music to the iphone label
QUOTE Thanks
Danny66

Yeah, when I do that it doesn't respond or highlight. I assumed that this was because it wasn't synced...
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Transfer iPod to computer Copy iPod to iTunes Backup iPod to PC
That's a free program that sends iphone/ipod songs to your itunes, but since it's the free version, you are limited to the amount of songs transfer. There are also other programs that cost money and transfer an unlimited amount. I don't know of a good one for $$ because I don't think they are worth it.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Danny66

Cheers, I'll look into it...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AT&T bring back unlimited data???? | iphone won't boot »