New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone battery dies after one day

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Redhatty

Redhatty is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, weird stuff has been happening with my iPhone Ive had my 3GS for over a year now and it has always worked normally. Then a couple of months ago I charged it with a power charger, but instead of getting charged the battery just seemed to get sucked out of it. Now my battery wont last longer than a day.. What the heck? Anyone has this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
Eddahlen

Eddahlen is on a distinguished road

When you plug it in (to charge) does it recognize it?
QUOTE Thanks
Redhatty

Yes it does. Everything works just fine, only my battery gets drained.
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

Have you done a hard reset (hold power and home buttons until the screen goes blank and the apple logo returns, then release the buttons)? It's a generic solution, but my battery has given my problems before and that seemed to fix it. One time my battery went from about a 70% charge to flat dead almost instantaneously, and my wife's did the same thing once. We plugged them back in and did a hard reset...it hasn't happened since (knock on wood).

Something else to check on is whether or not you have tons of apps running in the background. Location/GPS based apps are especially draining.
QUOTE Thanks
Redhatty

Yes, I did the hard reset already a couple of times.. and so far as I know they're no apps running in the background. My iPhone gets superhot at times too... can't be good
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« UK Unlocked iphone 4 - wont accept other carriers sims without connecting to itunes | I just got my ip4! Love it, have a few questions »