New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Will you be getting the Verizon iPhone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Let us know what you think! And remember people, these are only phone companies, so let's keep it civil m'kay?
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Can this be moved to the iphone forum please as it is not a rumour or a report or news. Just a question you want to ask.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Gosh you're quick! Yeah, I realized that while I was entering the poll options…
Now vote!
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I've had a few issues with AT&T and would like To try iron verizon
QUOTE Thanks
Chef_eam

Chef_eam is a jewel in the roughChef_eam is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S

I am with Sprint, and since they do not have an iPhone, it is not an option for me. I am happy with my service from Sprint, and at one point thought that if they did get an iPhone, I would jump on it. I recently got an HTC EVO, and now if Sprint were to ever get an iPhone, I doubt that I would get one. I do like the iPhone, but the EVO does everything I could want and more.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

I think it was mentioned that the Verizon agreement with apple is a "multi-year, non-exclusive" deal, so the CDMA iPhone might come to sprint at some point...
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

I'm a fan of simultaneous voice and data, so I think I'll stick with AT&T. That, and AT&T's 3G speeds can be upgraded and the iPhone 4 can still take advantage of those upgraded speeds. I believe that Verizon is currently at their maximum 3G speed and you would need to get a new phone that is LTE compatible to take advantage of their faster speeds.

shameless plug for my blog
QUOTE Thanks
wavinwayne

wavinwayne has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"

I plan to keep my plain-jane non-smart phone. I already use the internet too much.

Don't believe anything I tell you, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction. This is known as "doing your homework."
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I just got the iPhone 4 over the holidays and had an iPhone 3G for nearly 2 years prior to that, haven't had any issues with AT&T that would make me want to break my contract and switch.

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
I just got the iPhone 4 over the holidays and had an iPhone 3G for nearly 2 years prior to that, haven't had any issues with AT&T that would make me want to break my contract and switch.

Regards
Just out of curiosity, what if your AT&T contract were at an end now and you could switch with no cost from AT&T?

I'm pretty happy with AT&T and I wouldn't move even if my contract were at an end. Things simply got even better with the iPhone 4 on AT&T and their customer service (unlike my past experience with VZW) has been outstanding both in-store and call-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Let us know what you think! And remember people, these are only phone companies, so let's keep it civil m'kay?
You should modify this poll so we can see who voted for what option. That'd be much more interesting.

QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Just out of curiosity, what if your AT&T contract were at an end now and you could switch with no cost from AT&T?
My wife has a blackberry on Verizon and their 3G service in our area is a little suspect, though I'd have WiFi in the house so that's no problem..however AT&T is good around my area..

I haven't experienced any of the call drops or other issues people complain about, so even if I were at the end of the contract, unless Verizon was going to end up being significantly cheaper than AT&T, I'd stick with AT&T..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I voted: No, I'm happy with my AT&T iPhone.

So far (only had my iPhone a few months), the only places I've noticed drop of phone service is 2 stories below ground in a parking garage, and data occasionally dropped to Edge on the 2nd story of a 4-story office building. As soon as I move near a window or step outside, 3G comes back. That is pretty typical of most carriers.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I'm going to wait for an LTE iPhone, though I feel like chances of the next one to come out this year having LTE is about 50/50. AT&T does give me some problems at specific locations/times, but I think I would miss voice/data at the same time and I'm not crazy about the slower 3G speed.

I may pick one up when they're released to try out alongside my AT&T iPhone to compare and contrast. If Verizon blows me away like their loyal customers claim, I may keep it.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
MikeM

MikeM has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3

Seattle is one place where AT&T seems to have really good 3G coverage (I've never had the dropped call issues or slow data that people in other areas Like San Francisco have reported) and ever since I switched to iPhone, I almost never have to deal with ATT directly like I did with my old Windows Phones so I'll stay with ATT for now.

-Mike
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

i voted happy with AT&T..

i am in the new england area and can't remember the last time i dropped a call or had bad 3g service

also as someone stated earlier the customer service with AT&T is very good imo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What's wrong with my Iphone 4? | Does your iPhone 4 make a click sound if you tap it near the top left corner ? »