New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

reinstalling my iPhone onto iTunes on a new hard drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

riodejammynero

riodejammynero is on a distinguished road

I hope this isn't complicated --

I've had to replace my hard drive with a brand new one (Windows Vista). My iPhone 4 was synced to my old hard drive so I'm a bit apprehensive of plugging my iPhone onto the itunes on my new hard drive. I've backed up EVERYTHING from my old one onto an external hard drive. Rather than delete everything off my iPhone and then start again, is there an easier way of syncing the stuff on my iPhone to itunes? I have about 6000 songs but only use 2000 of them so I don't want to have to go through my music collection again and reselect the music I want

Did that make any sense.. (I'm a first time poster)

Regards,

Rio
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by riodejammynero View Post
I hope this isn't complicated --

I've had to replace my hard drive with a brand new one (Windows Vista). My iPhone 4 was synced to my old hard drive so I'm a bit apprehensive of plugging my iPhone onto the itunes on my new hard drive. I've backed up EVERYTHING from my old one onto an external hard drive. Rather than delete everything off my iPhone and then start again, is there an easier way of syncing the stuff on my iPhone to itunes? I have about 6000 songs but only use 2000 of them so I don't want to have to go through my music collection again and reselect the music I want
Copy your iTunes library from your backup to your new hard drive. Assuming everything was in the default locations, copy the iTunes folder from:
Code:
DriveLetter:\Users\Username\Music
to the comparable path on the new drive. Then open iTunes, verify everything is as you expect, then have at it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Iphone 4 Battery drain and warm issues | Iphone 3g wireless not connecting to any network »