New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Wireless symbol as numbers?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Weiser878

Weiser878 can only hope to improve

Well, you could jailbreak the new iPhone, install SBSettings and undo the changes, then do a backup, then restore the phone fresh.

What I'd worry about is that an Apple employee might figure out that a jailbreak caused it and accuse you of jailbreaking the new phone even though you didn't, thus voiding your warranty.
Probably a stretch, but I like to think of things from all angels
QUOTE Thanks
MacFanDan

MacFanDan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPhone 3GS 32GB

Although it's basically a new phone, the 3GS is an Apple warranty replacement I bought privately, the warranty of that ran out a couple of months ago though, so actually, that's not a problem. The bug is from a back up of my previous 3G that I got given, even though I restored that one to factory settings, it has moved across to my new phone. As a sidenote, I'd imagine they can tell if it's been Jailbroken or not? But I don't know for sure - can they?

As I said earlier on, I'd rather keep it as it should be anyway! That way, warranty or not they're more likely to help me.
QUOTE Thanks
Weiser878

Weiser878 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFanDan View Post
As a sidenote, I'd imagine they can tell if it's been Jailbroken or not? But I don't know for sure - can they?
The only way I can see that they'd know (at a store level) is to look for obvious signs.
I've restored a few phones that were then repaired or replaced by Apple and they never said anything about a jailbreak.

I'm sure there's a techie in a lab in Cupertino who can delve into the system and tell if the files have ever been altered, but it seems to be a non issue if there's a legitimate problem with the phone
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to get image off my iphone | passwork protecting items inside the unlock passcode on iPhone »