New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

are Bluetooth earphones worth it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

callagga

callagga is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'm starting to get annoyed with loose connection problems I seem to have after a few months of each pair of earphones I buy (typically inner ear). So I was wondering what the user experience would be like regarding moving to bluetooth earphones?

Any feedback on your experience when moving to Bluetooth based earphones for the iPhone? Quality of sound, impact of iPhone battery if you want to use it a couple of hours a day for listening to podcasts.

I'm assuming one can get a set that have minimal wiring, perhaps ones that have an inner ear piece connected by a curved bit of plastic that holds them together that goes behind the back of your neck or something.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
willmeahl4

willmeahl4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.

I didn't even know these were available. Thanks for dropping knowledge like this, I'll tell you how they work out as I will be buying some ASAP.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I have a cheapie pair. The sound is adequate, not great. I tend to keep my iPhone close by so range is not an issue (and it would be otherwise, I think it's like 10 ft max for this, again, crappy cheapie pair). I use it for exercise because I don't like to get tangled up in wires, and for that it's PERFECT. This particular model is a little ostentatious though, next pair I'm going to get some subtle black earbuds if I can find some that a) sound good and b) have a mic built-in so I can answer calls as well.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

I had a pair a little while ago, they weren't great and from what I can gather there arn't alot out there that are. I wouldn't go out buying a pair thinking that they will be as good as wired but shop around and find what you like best.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone battery life | iPhone 4 heating up / draining battery »