New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Getting an iPhone for Christmas....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

17MBPro

17MBPro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP 2.8ghz, 4gb RAM, 500GB HD & iMac G5 17" 1.8ghz 2GB RAM, 300GB HD

it what I was told last week, so needless to say I'm stoked! My question is I am wondering which direction to go on phone protection? AT&T has that additional insurance for your phone, but as a long time Mac owner I've always went with Apple Care. My next questions I probably know the answer to is can I cover two phones with one Apple Care?

Any other iPhone advice anyone might have is welcome as well...cases, screen protectors, apps etc.....

Thank you for the help! Eric
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Each Apple device needs it's own Apple Care..

No opinion on the AT&T insurance..I've usually opted out if the manufacturer provides you a decent one..

The rest are very subjective..I only have a leather case to carry the phone and the iPhone itself doesn't have any specific protectors on it..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
17MBPro

17MBPro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP 2.8ghz, 4gb RAM, 500GB HD & iMac G5 17" 1.8ghz 2GB RAM, 300GB HD

Thank you for the response. Ok, let's talk calendars.....I want to have a shared calendar with the spouse, what is the best method for that. I looked into a mobile me acct but seems kinda pricey. What about Google, Yahoo etc....?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

You can use Google Calendar (that's what I use)..I also have my work (Exchange) calendar hooked up..and it will sync with all of it no problem.

So you share your Google calendar with whoever you want and it will show up on your phone..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Weiser878

Weiser878 can only hope to improve

Worth noting, is that Apple Care doesn't cover negligent damage or loss/theft. The AT&T plan (which isn't actually from AT&T, its actually an outside company and you download an app) covers water damage, negligent damage (drops, broken screens etc), and loss or theft. It basically allows you to get another iPhone for the subsidized price ($100 3GS/ $200 iPhone4 16GB/ 300 iPhone4 32GB)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone 3g 8gig crash | iPhone 4 TV Out Resolution »