New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Spooky Facetime happenings

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vinyl conflict

vinyl conflict is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac i3 3.06Ghz, 4GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Ok, so both my girlfriend and I have iPhone 4’s. We very rarely use the Facetime feature due to me mostly not having access to wifi at work, we have used it a few times to test it out with both of us at home and there has only been 1 other occasion when she was at her mums and I was at home that we facetimed.

So the other night both my girlfriend and I are woken up by my phone vibrating on the bedside cabinet. I look at the phone and it says “accept facetime call” (from my girlfriend’s phone), bearing in mind that it is 2.26am and my girlfriend’s phone is on the sofa in the lounge 2 rooms away and has been since we went to bed around 11.30pm, the only other person in the house is our 18 month old baby asleep in his room.

Naturally I go to the lounge to see her phone on the sofa where it was left dialling a facetime call to my phone.

As you can imagine this has kind of weirded her out and I’m looking for some sort of explanation for this, but can’t.
QUOTE Thanks
vinyl conflict

vinyl conflict is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac i3 3.06Ghz, 4GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Thanks, i have found a thread on apple discussion forums with others users showing the same issue.

so with evidence in hand i can now assure my girlfriend that we do not have a ghost in the house!

seems like something happened with the facetime servers apple side as the reported facetime calls have all happened at the same time globally.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone crashed when installing 4.2 | iphone »