New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Notes app - is it available for desktops?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billwill

billwill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5

I love the Notes app on my iPhone 4. Is it available for the MacBook Pro? TIA.

"Laughter is an instant vacation"
- Milton Berle
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Am sure there are lots of notes apps. I like SideNote. You can sticky to either side of the screen. It slides out when you mouse to it and hides when you're not using it. Nice little quickie note pad without taking any room on your desktop. It still works with 10.6 although he hasn't updated it in awhile.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
billwill

Thanks. I was hoping there was an "Apple" version of Notes so it would work with MobileMe on my MacBookPro, iPad and iPhone.

- Milton Berle
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Try Stickies in your application folder.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill View Post
Thanks. I was hoping there was an "Apple" version of Notes so it would work with MobileMe on my MacBookPro, iPad and iPhone.
Sort of... in Mail, you can make notes and they sync with your iOS device. Then they show up in the Notes app on your iOS device.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
billwill

How does a note in Mail on my MacBook Pro show up in Notes on my iPhone 4? I'm a newbie.

- Milton Berle
QUOTE Thanks
gartchen

gartchen is on a distinguished road

TAG-same question.

Basically - I like to write a note on my IPOD. When I sink the ipod with my macbook pro - it says "sync notes" during the process. But then I go to my Macbook and cannot find anything rom the ipod notes.

as a side - i did purchase and try to get Appigo TO-DO to work for this. Complete hassle so far. I cannot get it to sync for my life. When, IF, i ever get the time to play with it - that might work.

But it would be cool if something as simple as say Ical, would also be available or keeping desktop notes between my devices.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should I get an Verizon iPhone | Traveling to Canada with the iPhone »