New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Iphone 4 free bumper, which one to get?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ZEEK

ZEEK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.

So i will be ordering my iphone 4 free bumper, but there is a wide variety to select from. From your experiences which one do you guys think is the best to get? I want to do it before sept 30th

ZUBAIR
QUOTE Thanks
ZEEK

no expriences?

ZUBAIR
QUOTE Thanks
darrylyoung

darrylyoung is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iPhone 5 | iPad 4

I've no experience myself but I guess this will bump your thread up again. From what I've heard, a lot of people are happy with the basic Apple 'bumper' but this obvously doesn't have front/back cover (just the edges). It's down to how much you want to wrap your phone in cotton wool and how accessible you want it. Personally, I don't use a case because it just makes using the phone more awkward but that's just me.

I hope someone else comes and gives you better advice. Have a nice weekend
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

i got the Apple bumper... it's nice BUT if scuffs the stainless band around the iPhone so i'm reluctant to use it.

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
logan78511

logan78511 is on a distinguished road

I haven't ordered my free bumper. Don't think I will. I like the way the phone looks stock too much. I'll just deal without touching the antenna. I spent 20 dollars on a case the other day which had a black band around the side and a clear back so you could still see the logo on the back and the design and I still ended up not using it. 20 dollars wasted. I just love the way the phone looks and feels naked. I do have a screen protector though.

And I do put it in a pouch when I put it in my pocket so it doesn't get scratched up.
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

I got the clear case from Belkin. I like it because it does it's job of blocking the antenna area from being touched and is clear so I can still see the phone. It also protects the back which I like because I set my phone down on my desk a lot during the day and the case is beginning to show scratches instead of my phone. It is also easy to pop on and off for when I need to dock it.

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roeiboot View Post
i got the Apple bumper... it's nice BUT if scuffs the stainless band around the iPhone so i'm reluctant to use it.
Your 100% right those bumpers tear up the stainless steel band, But they seem to be the most popular iPhone 4 case available. You should see the insane amounts of money people are willing to pay for them.
QUOTE Thanks
INCUBUSRATM

INCUBUSRATM is on a distinguished road

I got the Speck PixelSkin HD case through the free case program and absolutely love it.

15" Macbook Pro with Satin Red Speck case and iPhone 4 with Speck PixelSkin HD case.
QUOTE Thanks
logan78511

logan78511 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageX View Post
I got the clear case from Belkin. I like it because it does it's job of blocking the antenna area from being touched and is clear so I can still see the phone. It also protects the back which I like because I set my phone down on my desk a lot during the day and the case is beginning to show scratches instead of my phone. It is also easy to pop on and off for when I need to dock it.
I bought that one too but ended up taking it off. Still just like the phone better naked. I haven't had much of a problem not touching that spot.
QUOTE Thanks
B0yB0y

B0yB0y is an unknown at this point

Speck's PixelSkin HD case has been rated the top out of all the cases that were available since it is easy to put on, is stylish and is expensive if you buy it normally.
QUOTE Thanks
ZEEK

oh SASSYFRASS it, i actually ordered the belkin's case, i forgot which one.

ZUBAIR
QUOTE Thanks
Saint1987

Saint1987 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 13" MBP Unibody 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB - iPhone 3G 4.2.1 Jailbroken - iPhone 4

Today, Dec 14 2010, I still got my free bumper case from apple even tho they stop giving them out on sep 30th!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
wolfpuppies3

wolfpuppies3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini

I use Saddleback Leather's pouch and throw it in my pocket. Use a larger version for my iPad. Great quality work.

Small Gadget Pouch - Leather iPhone Case & Electronics Holder : SaddlebackLeather Company
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

I thought the free bumper case offer from Apple had expired now?

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IPhone 4 volume low on ITunes but normal on Pandora | iPhone home button not working »