New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Cannot Hear My iPhone 4 Ring.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rockworthy

rockworthy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" imac

Tried a search and came up empty. I just can't hear my iPhone 4 ring 95% of the time. It's just not loud enough for me. All the setting are as high as they can go and I tried all the ringtones that came with the phone and I still cant hear the darn thing. Is there maybe some kind of an app or setting for the hearing impaired I can try? Do you know of a super loud ringtone? I'm missing like 90% of my calls because I can only hear the phone in a dead quiet room. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Have you taken it to the Apple Store to see if it might be a hardware issue my friend had
a 3g with a low volume problem and they exchanged it.
QUOTE Thanks
rockworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
Have you taken it to the Apple Store to see if it might be a hardware issue my friend had
Thanks, I guess I'll have to try that.
QUOTE Thanks
doctorxring

doctorxring is on a distinguished road

The "ALARM" ringtone that's on the standard list is
the loudest ringtone I've heard on any cellphone.

It reminds me of the old WWII submarine movies
where they sound an alarm and announce --

DIVE ! DIVE ! DIVE !!!

dxr

QUOTE Thanks
nicoca427

nicoca427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
Apple will be happy to replace your iphone seeing as it is a hardware issue and im pretty positive that no iphone 4 owner is out of warranty yet.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac & Beanz

Mac & Beanz is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2009 iMac 24" 2.66 GHz

Please keep us posted. I have the same issue; just can't hear the darn ringer on this thing.
QUOTE Thanks
laimbeersux

laimbeersux is on a distinguished road

I solved that problem by simply making my own ringtones outside of iTunes, horribly obnoxious death metal usually is very easy to ear. If that doesn't do it I'd say the Genius Bar is your best bet.
QUOTE Thanks
applebigtree

applebigtree is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro

So you just can't hear ringtone? Did this problem happen in alarm setting? You can try setting the alarm clock to see if it would wake you up. If it will be in low volume, i guess there is something wrong with your hardware. Get you iPhone to exchange another new asap.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebigtree View Post
So you just can't hear ringtone? Did this problem happen in alarm setting? You can try setting the alarm clock to see if it would wake you up.
Great idea, but would hate to have THAT #$%hole boss, IF the alarm didnt wake me up lol
@ OP work with this, BUT set another alarm in the house just in case the iPhone doesnt wake you up

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
arrie25

arrie25 is on a distinguished road

i am unable to hear my iphone ring..i tried all ringtones and all tones are at high volume..but i am again unable to hear ring...i can't have any idea that why this happen ..can anyone suggest me
QUOTE Thanks
rockworthy

They say nothing is wrong with my phone. I tend to believe them because I know three people with one and they all sound the same. It would be nice if they address this issue in the future for us hearing impaired or people that work in a noisy environment.
QUOTE Thanks
frugalbrutus

frugalbrutus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockworthy View Post
They say nothing is wrong with my phone. I tend to believe them because I know three people with one and they all sound the same. It would be nice if they address this issue in the future for us hearing impaired or people that work in a noisy environment.
I, too, have missed a few calls because i did not hear the ringer. Especially when driving and the phone is in my pocket. Some suggestions
1. first make sure vibrate-only switch is off, and make sure ringer volume is all the way up.
2. the speaker is at the bottom of the phone, so try and situate the phone so the bottom is facing you.
3. the speaker hole is very small, and if covered, can block most of the sound. make sure the hole is not covered.
4. i find a shirt pocket with the bottom of the phone facing up is my best bet to hear the ringer in the car.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone camera, no HDR or zoom | iPhone Got Wet »