Thread: iPhone 3G help

Specs:
    Apple lle 64 kb RAM
    iPhone 3G help
    So, my hard drive crashed about two weeks ago on my iMac and I had to have it replaced. I didnt have an external hard drive to back-up all of my files, music, apps etc. When I plug my phone into the computer and iTunes goes to sync it tells me that if I sync it the phone will lose all of the information on my iPhone and it will be replaced with whats on my iTunes. Is there anyway to keep all of my apps, music and pics?
    mac- i was too lazy to hit the shift button
    MAC- Oops must have hit the caps button
    Mac- Just a computer

there is a program i got for Windows that copies everything from your iPhone back to the PC. but i dont think there is a MAC version o this program.

Tansee iPhone Transfer - Backup iPhone Music to Computer

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 5,5
    Quote Originally Posted by chefwalt View Post
    So, my hard drive crashed about two weeks ago on my iMac and I had to have it replaced. I didnt have an external hard drive to back-up all of my files, music, apps etc. When I plug my phone into the computer and iTunes goes to sync it tells me that if I sync it the phone will lose all of the information on my iPhone and it will be replaced with whats on my iTunes. Is there anyway to keep all of my apps, music and pics?
    Apps - Just download them again through iTunes since you've already paid for them it will be free.
    Music - Download a tool called Senuti (iTunes backwards, easy way to remember it) it will allow you to import the music from your iPhone onto your iMac's HDD.
    Pictures - Open up iPhoto and use the import function to get all your pictures back onto your HDD.

This method may be quite long winded but it's also the safest way of not losing any of your content.

Thread Information