Angry iPhone4 not detected by my mac
    I been having this trouble for a long time and I can't seem to fix it. Basically, everytime I plug my iPhone into my computer, it charges but my computer doesn't detect it.

I tried everything including reinstalling iTunes and reinstalling the already Mobile Device software (iTunes: How to remove and reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Service on Mac OS X).

Help?

So I just got off the phone with apple. They said the problem is most likely due to a faulty USB on my mac. Dammnit, it's only two weeks old!

Specs:
    MB061LL/B & iPhone4
    there's only one USB port on your Mac ?
    ~rb
    iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog

No, there's two.

I mean, there's two but non of them detect my iPhone is they think there is something wrong with the way my USB ports were setup or installed...maybe even manufactured.

Well if it's a manufacturing defect then it most definitely isn't your fault. You shouldn't have let them off simply telling you it's a wiring problem. Call them again and get in their face about how this is their fault. However, something I would recommend far more than that is to simply take it to a Genius Bar at your local Apple store where their job is basically to help out with stuff like this. And instead of some frustrated cranky phone operator you'll find a twenty something person who might actually be interested in helping you

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by AyoubZubairi View Post
    Call them again and get in their face about how this is their fault.
    Not necessary to have an attitude if you call them (or any company for that matter). Apple is happy to help you with your issue.

However, something I would recommend far more than that is to simply take it to a Genius Bar at your local Apple store where their job is basically to help out with stuff like this.
    This is a good idea, though. Call your local Apple store and set up an appointment. If no store near you, call Apple Support line and ask how you can go about having the faulty USB ports repaired/replaced.

And instead of some frustrated cranky phone operator you'll find a twenty something person who might actually be interested in helping you
    What makes you think the person on the phone is or will be cranky? Apple is #1 in customer satisfaction with their phone support 5 yrs running according to Consumer Reports.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Besides, only by connecting the iPhone to a known working machine with your cable and another cable will anyone know for sure whether it is your Mac, the iPhone or possibly even the cable that is at fault here.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Genius bar - check for Monday
    Testing on another computer - check-a-roni....it shows up on other macs laptops but not on mine. dammnit

Specs:
    2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
    The same thing happened to me when I got my phone in the mail. I plugged it into iTunes with the supplied cable and nothing happened! Thinking the new cable was busted, I plugged it in with another iPod cable I had lying around and it worked. The next time I wanted to sync the phone, I used the new cable and it worked as well. Odd electro-gremlins, I tell 'ya!

Sounds like your mac might be at fault, hope you find a solution at the genius bar!

15" MacBook Pro + 16GB iPhone 4 + 16GB iPad 2 3G

Thread Information