New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

photos from iPhone 3Gs to iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The Dude

The Dude is on a distinguished road

My iPhone isn't my primary camera, so I only have a few dozen photos in it which I would like to transfer to my iMac. The iMac has hundreds of photos already and I don't want to synch the two systems because I don't want all those photos on my iPhone. Seems like it should be easy to get them off the iPhone, but I have hunted around for a solution and cannot find one. Any ideas? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

Should be able to just sync your photos from your iPhone to iPhoto without syncing all the photos to your iPhone. Am I missing something?
QUOTE Thanks
The Dude

In iTunes, the only option says "Sync Photos from <option>" where the options are Iphone Photos or a folder on the hard drive. I created a new and empty folder in the Pictures folder. Now, when I sync, since there is nothing in the empty folder, nothing gets added to the iPhone, which is good, but the sync is only one way - from the iMac to the iPhone and not the other way around.

The easiest and most logical way to do this would be to access the drive on the iPhone directly through the iMac OS and simply open the folder, copy the photos and be done with it. That's what I did when I had a Windows computer, but the Mac OS doesn't seem to allow direct access to the iPhone as a drive. Or, at least I don't know how. Anyone know how?
QUOTE Thanks
Aphus

Aphus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)

My favorite tool (and the only one I use to import my iPhone photos) is Image Capture which is included in the operating system. Just open up your Applications folder or search for it in Spotlight. It should automatically detect your device and all the images on it will show up in the main window. Image importing can be as simple as selecting the photos you want and dragging them onto your desktop.

The program is relatively easy to navigate, but feel free to ask if you have any questions about it!

15" MacBook Pro + 16GB iPhone 4 + 16GB iPad 2 3G
QUOTE Thanks
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphus View Post
My favorite tool (and the only one I use to import my iPhone photos) is Image Capture which is included in the operating system. Just open up your Applications folder or search for it in Spotlight. It should automatically detect your device and all the images on it will show up in the main window. Image importing can be as simple as selecting the photos you want and dragging them onto your desktop.

The program is relatively easy to navigate, but feel free to ask if you have any questions about it!
Thanks - that did it!
QUOTE Thanks
velocity_avisGT

velocity_avisGT is on a distinguished road

Does this work for ipod touch's too?
QUOTE Thanks
shashing

shashing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphus View Post

wow! this application is really useful! i've been wanting to sync my photos to the computer for a long time and this was the solution. great application! thank you for sharing this cool application. i didn't know that it was included in the operating system.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

see edit
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Another iPhone 4 through a washer... | iPhone - Status Bar »