New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 4 Car Mount/Dock

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eddiddiums

eddiddiums is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz

I know it is early in the life of iPhone 4, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good car mount for the iPhone 4? I was looking at the TomTom GPS model, but I have heard that iPhone 4 does not fit so well.

So hit me with your best shot and make sure to tell me why you like a certain model over others! I want to make sure I get a good one.

I do have the bumper on mine, so a car mount that will work without me having to remove it is a must.
QUOTE Thanks
sonoluminescent

sonoluminescent can only hope to improve

DIY if you have a piece of junk car like me....

Cost me exactly $0
QUOTE Thanks
ProVoltz

ProVoltz is on a distinguished road

I have the iPhone 4 and the TomTom cradle and it works great if you make a simple modification. The phone is a little bit thinner so you have to stick a little something to the mount to make up the gap. I trimmed a little rubber foot you would stick under furniture or a plant stand and it works perfectly. You would think it was made that way. Just make a trip to the hardware store and find one the right thickness. The mount is awesome and the GPS reception is very accurate. The audio out is a line out and disables the volume buttons as it should for an Aux in on the stereo. The USA/Can app was $50. I've used GPS X-drive before and the tomtom app is far superior. I'm really digging the all-in-one-ness of my setup. I recommend mounting it in the stream of an AC vent because all the nav apps make the phone toasty hot.

Here's a pic of the mount and the adhesive disc mounted to an aluminum plate I made.

Cheers,

Ash
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

InbeforeVelcro. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone try iPhone 4 in the iPod touch TomTom cradle? | Which OtterBox? »