Dearborn Michigan
    Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
    iPhone 4 Car Mount/Dock
    I know it is early in the life of iPhone 4, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good car mount for the iPhone 4? I was looking at the TomTom GPS model, but I have heard that iPhone 4 does not fit so well.

So hit me with your best shot and make sure to tell me why you like a certain model over others! I want to make sure I get a good one.

I do have the bumper on mine, so a car mount that will work without me having to remove it is a must.

DIY if you have a piece of junk car like me....

Cost me exactly $0

tomtom is great
    I have the iPhone 4 and the TomTom cradle and it works great if you make a simple modification. The phone is a little bit thinner so you have to stick a little something to the mount to make up the gap. I trimmed a little rubber foot you would stick under furniture or a plant stand and it works perfectly. You would think it was made that way. Just make a trip to the hardware store and find one the right thickness. The mount is awesome and the GPS reception is very accurate. The audio out is a line out and disables the volume buttons as it should for an Aux in on the stereo. The USA/Can app was $50. I've used GPS X-drive before and the tomtom app is far superior. I'm really digging the all-in-one-ness of my setup. I recommend mounting it in the stream of an AC vent because all the nav apps make the phone toasty hot.

Here's a pic of the mount and the adhesive disc mounted to an aluminum plate I made.

MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    InbeforeVelcro. >_<"

Thread Information