New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

IP4 vs IP2 speaker volume ear and bottom....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead is on a distinguished road

ok ive got an original iphone that ive had for like 3 years or so. my only problem with it is i cant hear anything out of it. well not exactly nothing but its very quiet from the ear speaker and the bottom speaker. is the IP4 any better? i mean when i leave my phone on my toolbox i should be able to hear it ring. i mean i can hear my bosses blackberry on the otherside of the shop and even outside the shop. i can barely hear my phone ring if im standing 10 feet from it. yes the ringer is set to the loudest it can go. along with that, the earspeaker is horrible, i have to use the headset, but that hurts my ears cause all the rubber is worn off. Id like to get out to a store to check it out in person but im laid up in a cast and cant drive for awhile so i need your opinions.
QUOTE Thanks
TF626

TF626 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic

Yes I can hear much better. The speakerphone is much louder, and the noise cancellation microphone on the iPhone 4 has definitely helped out.
QUOTE Thanks
applebjesus

applebjesus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRattlehead View Post
ok ive got an original iphone that ive had for like 3 years or so. my only problem with it is i cant hear anything out of it. well not exactly nothing but its very quiet from the ear speaker and the bottom speaker. is the IP4 any better? i mean when i leave my phone on my toolbox i should be able to hear it ring. i mean i can hear my bosses blackberry on the otherside of the shop and even outside the shop. i can barely hear my phone ring if im standing 10 feet from it. yes the ringer is set to the loudest it can go. along with that, the earspeaker is horrible, i have to use the headset, but that hurts my ears cause all the rubber is worn off. Id like to get out to a store to check it out in person but im laid up in a cast and cant drive for awhile so i need your opinions.
The speaker is louder and improved over all older generations. You should be able to hear it ten feet away with mild background noise. Now if you have a chainsaw or jackhammer running you may not hear it, obviously...

The ear peace is ok (not the best or worst I have used) and this all relies on your signal strength, really. With the volume at its highest and in good signal strength areas you should have no problems. But on the iPhone 4 I still find it hard sometimes to hear the person on the other end simply because signal strength sucks in certain areas with AT&T. People on the other end seem to hear me more clearly than on my 3G where I was told sometimes I sounded tinny or like I was in the ocean.

iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 calls are noticeably better than iPhone 4 to other versions of iPhones.
QUOTE Thanks
VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead is on a distinguished road

thanks for the opinions so far. anyone else please chime in. ill be in this cast for a little while longer so i wont be able to experience it firsthand for another week or so.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« please help!!!!!!!! | Singing the iPhone's Praises »