New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

i have a question - availability iPhone 4 ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

so all i hear (well almost all) i hear about the iPhone 4 is it's not being easily available, so i am wondering does Apple/AT&T have a secret "stash" for people that exchange the phone due to issues ? i was going to ask Apple but it's not easy to email them with general questions like these....

hope someone knows and can enlighten me, thanks..

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

No they don't. If you have to exchange it, and they don't have stock, they put you on a list and contact you when it's available. I think you get priority, but they don't have a pile of the hidden somewhere.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

hanks schweb.... kinda blows when you have an iPhone 4 with an issue.

~rb
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Omg! Schweb is actually wrong on something! Not normal! Actually, there is a comLetely different box for exchange models, you don't get the same iPhone from the same box as you first did. Your new model comes direct from apple in their black exchange boxes.
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

thanks idrinorbarsaku; this is a fact ?

(in short the reason, i upgraded via RadioShack from a 3G to a 3G[S], this weekend was day 29 & 30 so i emailed RadioShack about switching to the 4 obviously paying the difference, then sunday my grandmother died so it was on the backburner, since monday i've been going back & forth with RadioShack & AT&T.. AT&T suggested i may be able to reset my upgrade eligibility, give RadioShack my 3G[S] and be on the waiting list for a 4... likely +4 weeks.)

~rb
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
Omg! Schweb is actually wrong on something! Not normal! Actually, there is a comLetely different box for exchange models, you don't get the same iPhone from the same box as you first did. Your new model comes direct from apple in their black exchange boxes.
Funny, because I know 3 people who've exchanged their iPhone 4 that I work with and each had to wait 24-48 hours before they could pick up their new phone.

So I'm not sure why that would be the case if there was a box of them somewhere.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

i have no issue with waiting 24-48, as a matter of fact if they steered slightly away from their policy i would do a happy dance :}

~rb
QUOTE Thanks
roffir

roffir will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Funny, because I know 3 people who've exchanged their iPhone 4 that I work with and each had to wait 24-48 hours before they could pick up their new phone.

So I'm not sure why that would be the case if there was a box of them somewhere.
I believe both cases are true, as in some places have replacement iPhone 4's in that small white box and some don't so they wait for some "new" ones (in their retail box) to come in. Again, I'm not sure, I just think that's how it is right now.
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

thanks roffir...

~rb
QUOTE Thanks
schizzo_fg

schizzo_fg is an unknown at this point

The only reason I have my iPhone 4 is because some of the pre-ordered phones they had had not been picked-up by the customer within 24 hours. Therefore the rep was allowed to sell me one of the unpicked iPhones 4. So that tells me that some stores do have a "stash" of iPhines 4 avsilable. Rare, but some do!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

That's not to say that they aren't out of the replacements. I guess my reply could be better worded this way, they could have 30 replacement phones, but if someone comes in to buy one, they might be out of stock. You can go to the store to make sure though, ask them for both just for curiosity's sake.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

for those following this.. RadioShack gave in and i'm on the waiting list (now there's a word i do not like :} in the meantime i keep my 3G[S] Apple blogz Blog Archive Road to the (my) #iPhone4 #Apple #RadioShack #ATT

now... let's hope i get it soon or i get better at this patience thing :}

added: i got written confirmation (via an email) so it's O-fficial

~rb
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4 screen protectors | Please help! Sim tray stuck - urgent! »