Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Isolated or common problem with Zagg?
    I installed a Zagg full body (front and back) on my Iphone 4 on saturday afternoon. Everything was great with it until today. It wasnt until around 4pm that when I took my phone out of my pocket, the front was falling off. Much to my surprise the front was a soft, gooey, stretchy mess and had lifted off on the bottom. Obviously it had acquired lint from my pocket and wouldnt lay back down without bubbles. I could literally move the whole thing around and stretch it and it would return to normal shape, but just wouldnt seem to adhire to the glass. Strange this is, the back is still perfect and didnt exhibit any "softening" like the front.

In anyones experiences with Zagg, have you seen or had this happen to you? I would attribute it to being outside 8 hrs in 105* indexed temps in Florida if the front and back both did it. So, I'm thinking maybe I got a back piece?

Thanks for any input.

Oh by the way the phone was in and out of my pocket many times before it started to fall off.

I was going to order a zagg full body tonight or tomorrow.....dunno now. Probably just the temp. If i do get it, i'll be sure to post here.

I first thought it was temp related, but the back piece stayed on fine. I tried calling Zagg about it, and their automated system said I would be on hold for up to 45 min. I called bestbuy and the guy said just bring it in, mostly because he didnt believe me about it being soft and stretchy, more like melted. He opened one from the shelf, handed me a new sheild and spray bottle and said I hope this one works better for you. Couldnt be happier with bestbuy right now.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    How long has it been since you bought it? They have a life time warranty on them, they should be helpful. As with any static/tape on screens, if you catch an edge of it, and force it in the same direction, it will peel. I just returned mine because it had a small spec/line. There are 2 layers to the invisishield: The "goo" and the polyurethane film. Sometimes, from odd uses, similar to the problem with the grips on a mouse, it can start to separate from constant movement. You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
    How long has it been since you bought it? They have a life time warranty on them, they should be helpful. As with any static/tape on screens, if you catch an edge of it, and force it in the same direction, it will peel. I just returned mine because it had a small spec/line. There are 2 layers to the invisishield: The "goo" and the polyurethane film. Sometimes, from odd uses, similar to the problem with the grips on a mouse, it can start to separate from constant movement. You're not alone.
    I bought it this past saturday. I noticed the sheild that I just got from bestbuy as a replacement has a line above the ear piece speaker. Oh well, I'll just use it till i need another one. Do you know about how long it take to have them replaced from Zagg?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Did you let it sit for 24 hours after you put it on? You need to let it adhere correctly before doing much with it.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    Did you let it sit for 24 hours after you put it on? You need to let it adhere correctly before doing much with it.
    Not quite 24 hrs, but atleast 12-14hrs. Zaggs install videos says 12 is good. The back shield adhered very well.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Do keep in mind that the "lifetime" warranty means that you'll get one replacement during the lifetime of the product.

I had a Zagg InvisibleShield on my MBP. It was great for about 2 months, before the corners started lifting. And of course, as soon as that happens, the resulting flap attracts dust and dirt, so it leads to having to trim it to keep the rest of the piece installed.

I also found that over time, the material yellows, depending on what it comes into contact with. For example, the rubber bumpers on my Rain Design mStand made yellow marks that could not be cleaned off. So, it's not as impervious as they make it seem.

For something that I'd take in and out of pockets on a regular basis, I'd recommend a real case. I just don't think it's going to hold up well against the friction a typical phone will go through.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Do keep in mind that the "lifetime" warranty means that you'll get one replacement during the lifetime of the product.

I had a Zagg InvisibleShield on my MBP. It was great for about 2 months, before the corners started lifting. And of course, as soon as that happens, the resulting flap attracts dust and dirt, so it leads to having to trim it to keep the rest of the piece installed.

I also found that over time, the material yellows, depending on what it comes into contact with. For example, the rubber bumpers on my Rain Design mStand made yellow marks that could not be cleaned off. So, it's not as impervious as they make it seem.

For something that I'd take in and out of pockets on a regular basis, I'd recommend a real case. I just don't think it's going to hold up well against the friction a typical phone will go through.
    Just to add a little bit to what you said and my experience. Had this thing on my MB and the underside gets hot obviously. The bottom is basically now yellow, and pieces of it are starting to chip off. Looks like a piece of amber as there are lots of cracks and discoloration.

Had it installed for almost 2 years now so I guess it's to be expected.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Wow 2 years is a great run for a glorified sticker. Every post I read here I'm going back and forth on whether or not to get one

Specs:
    That's not actually right. As long as you send back the "defective" shield to them each time you order a replacement, you continue to maintain your warranty.

So in essence you could get a new one every time as long as you comply with the terms and send the old one back.

Thanks for your input guys. Does anyone know exactly when apple is going to open the site for ordering the free bumpers or third party cases?

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by scedtitan View Post
    Thanks for your input guys. Does anyone know exactly when apple is going to open the site for ordering the free bumpers or third party cases?
    All they've said is later this week.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    That's not actually right. As long as you send back the "defective" shield to them each time you order a replacement, you continue to maintain your warranty.

So in essence you could get a new one every time as long as you comply with the terms and send the old one back.
    Interesting. I could have sworn I was told that it was only once.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Interesting. I could have sworn I was told that it was only once.
    Well it's once per skin, but the replacement skin can be replaced, etc...

Thread Information