New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 4: The scrolling problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mint

Mint is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27"| iPhone 4

When scrolling on web pages my iPhone 4 does not seem to like scrolling up/down a page and then suddenly scroll left or right. I have to lift my finger of the screen and then attempt scrolling left or right. It doesn't do it when scrolling around zoomed in pictures from my photo gallery, I can go up/down/left/right/diaganol move my finger around in circles to navigate around the screen etc so I don't know why it does it on the web. My 3GS on os3+ worked fine.
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

Is this your first iPhone? I'm asking because my 3G does basically the same thing. If I flick my finger up it locks into up & down scrolling. I have to first stop it from scrolling, then start dragging my finger in other directions. It's not until then that it'll scroll wherever I want.
QUOTE Thanks
Mint

Mint is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27"| iPhone 4

That is exactly what my iPhone is doing. I have had the first iPhone, the 3G, the 3GS and now the 4. I can definitely tell you that none of the others did this. Just out of interest could you zoom into a pic from your photos and try scrolling that as if it was a web page to see if that has the same problem. Mine works fine doing that so I can't understand why it has this problem while on the Internet.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Yep, my current 3GS works exactly as AUZambo is describing.

If I start scrolling horizontally or vertically it locks in to that direction. If I start on any diagonal, then I can move the browser in any direction, same as a picture.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4 Headphones not working... | Anyone having problems making calls/texts today??? »