New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Case or no case? (+too many apps?)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mint

Mint is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27"| iPhone 4

I bought a slip in pouch/case for my iPhone 4 so while it is in my pocket it doesn't get scratched and if it slides out of my pocket it's better protected. I was just thinking though perhaps sliding my phone in/out of the case so many times will actually cause it to eventually fade or get loads of tiny light scratches. Also on an iPhone 4 16gb how many pages of apps would probably be the maximum before performance was effected? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Apple4life

Apple4life will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mini, iPhone 4, iPods, Seagate 1TB HDD

I have Ghost Armor on the front and back of mine. They make it for the side too, I just haven't had that one put on yet. It provides a nice scratch protection. I had it on my 3GS as well. I have never dropped it, but I would imagine it doesn't provide any drop protection. I use a pouch in addition to the Ghost Armor and I have been issue free so far.

Mini, iPod, iPhone 5, iPad Air
QUOTE Thanks
applebjesus

applebjesus is on a distinguished road

Fade what? It is glass on the front and back. For scratches it would depend on what type of material you have in the pouch. I would (just to be safe) use a front and back clear screen protector to help with minor abrasions that could be caused by pulling the iPhone out of a pouch.

With 512MB of memory I don't see you having to worry about how many app pages you have. Since you can have over 2,000 apps now you should be fine with the max amount of pages.
QUOTE Thanks
Mint

Mint is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27"| iPhone 4

Yes that's true, as long as the glass is not in anyway tinted then it should have no problems with fading like the 3G(S). I dislike screen protecters because they either bring bubbles up or make it look untidy. I might consider getting 2 for the front and back next time I am at a phone shop though.
QUOTE Thanks
Z mannn R2

Z mannn R2 will become famous soon enough

the number of apps will only affect your disck space, not performance
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone compatibility | Do they sell a full case (front/back/sides) for Iphone4?? »