New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

IPhone 4 scratches

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ericg2000

ericg2000 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4

Now that people have had the iPhone 4's for a little while let's get a scratch report from people with no cases or bumpers. How bad is the back of ur iPhone. Not from drops or crazy objects, just from everyday pocket use.
QUOTE Thanks
beckydiane

beckydiane is on a distinguished road

I have a light case on the back of mine...altho I noticed a small scratch on the screen today!!! Made me sick. I had an iPhone3g before this one and never, ever got any scratches...Kind of weird since they claim it to be better and tougher. I'm extremely careful with it, never just toss it into my purse or anything, so have no idea how I got the scratch!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

No scratches on mine, but my brother has a scratch on the back of his

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

No scratches so far just the bare phone in my pocket but nothing else resIdes
In said pocket.i
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

I'm also curious to hear about what users are experiencing. The new iPod Touch is looking like it might be similar to the iPhone 4 and since I might get the new Touch I'm very curious to see how scratch resistant the iPhone is.

I don't like using screen protectors on my Touch because they add too much friction when swiping and dragging items. That's one of the reason why I really like the Apple notebook unibody glass trackpads. They are very smooth for swiping and dragging. It's the same with my Touch without screen protection.
QUOTE Thanks
smithk2719

smithk2719 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)

none. Then again, I tend to treat my phones like this one with respect and dignity! lol.
QUOTE Thanks
ericg2000

I'm the same with my iPhone, I'm not rough with it. And I put it in my pocket with nothing else, except maybe a pack of gum, never keys or other metallics.
QUOTE Thanks
beckydiane

beckydiane is on a distinguished road

I'm very careful, too! Almost ridiculous about it, and I still got the teeny scratch! Who knows maybe it was a piece of something on there when I went to wipe it off and it scratched it...I prefer not to have a protective screen cover on it, either, think they look awful with all the little bubbles! Think that would drive me crazy, and let me tell you...it's a short trip! LOL
QUOTE Thanks
ericg2000

I got my iPhone 4 today, and put a screen protector on it. Somehow I got it perfect. It's actually straight and no bubbles or lint under it.
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

yzfmik is on a distinguished road

Didn't have screen protectors for the 1st week and I didn't get any scratches with normal use. I was pretty careful, but that's just my nature, case/screen protectors or not.

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
 iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
 iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB
QUOTE Thanks
TF626

TF626 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic

I don't have any scratches, and I am not using any type of case for it either. I do plan on purchasing a bumper though at some point.
QUOTE Thanks
kajiholic

kajiholic is on a distinguished road

Ive had mine since day one, No scratches at all with no case on it. Always goes into my back pocket.

My buddy has opened up 6 Beer bottles with his with no scratches on his either! LOL

YouTube - New Apple iPhone 4 Bottle Opener
QUOTE Thanks
kajiholic

kajiholic is on a distinguished road

oh btw I just ordered my wrapsol ultra for mine
QUOTE Thanks
Doc750

Doc750 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4

I picked up a cheap case from Bestbuy until Incase comes out with their case. I'll be babying my phone until it comes.
QUOTE Thanks
zache

zache is on a distinguished road

I would say this one scratches more easily then the previous 2 iphones. 1 week and I have some real scratches on the front. Back looks fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lock iPhone screen when on a call | Is it worth returning iPhone 4 and waiting for a new one? »