New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 4 prepared for shipment!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Buddha_luver

Buddha_luver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB

Happy 4th I want to say first off to everyone. Anyway I logged into my Apple account on the website and it says "Prepared for shipment" so my question is how long does it take to ship out after it says that? The date on my order says it will not ship until July 14th is there any chance of receiving it and earlier than the 14th.
QUOTE Thanks
Walters09

Walters09 is on a distinguished road

Just yesterday I checked my status and it showed "prepared for shipment" I ordered mine June 21 in late afternoon. My delivery time still shows July 14th but I think it will come early as this week since its already in this stage I pray and pray.
QUOTE Thanks
Buddha_luver

^^^ my same thoughts! Welcome to the forum by the way!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Ahhh the excitement! Congrats to both of you and welcome

QUOTE Thanks
Buddha_luver

^^^ thank you and nice to see another so-cal woman on the forum!
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha_luver View Post
Happy 4th I want to say first off to everyone. Anyway I logged into my Apple account on the website and it says "Prepared for shipment" so my question is how long does it take to ship out after it says that? The date on my order says it will not ship until July 14th is there any chance of receiving it and earlier than the 14th.
It usually ships out within the next day or so. You are almost there. :-)
QUOTE Thanks
Buddha_luver

^^^ than so excited to hear that!!!
QUOTE Thanks
javagirl

javagirl is on a distinguished road

Mine says "prepared to ship" as well.
My bank account currently doesn't have 210 in it right now so I went to change the debit card number and it says I cant because it's prepared to ship and no further changes can be made.
When I purchased the phone it showed up on my bank account online that Apple debited 210. HOwever within a few days it dropped off and I can't seem to see if it actually ws debited. Will they recharge me again for 210 when it ships? or is it done already? what happens the amount isnt in my account, they dont give the iphone to someone else do they?
QUOTE Thanks
Buddha_luver

it's done already. if it says prepared to ship your card has already been authorized!
QUOTE Thanks
javagirl

javagirl is on a distinguished road

Alright, but if that's the case then why in looking back did the charge just drop? or maybe it dropped off but they still took the money out of my bank account when i ordered on june 19th? i'm SO confused!
QUOTE Thanks
Buddha_luver

From Schweb: I should probably explain this "hold" concept because alot of people don't understand it.

Companies will often authorize a card for the entire amount, or a portion of it, and that authorization usually only shows up for one or two days depending on your bank or credit card company. Nothing was actually charged and nothing is really being "held". Some banks don't even show you these temporary authorizations at all since they're really meaningless to the end consumer.

Once the items ship, then the company actually charges the card.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac*Lovin

Mac*Lovin is on a distinguished road

I so envy you.... Im not gonna get mine until late august.......
QUOTE Thanks
isachaa

isachaa is on a distinguished road

I order my Iphone4 through apple.com june 17th around 6am and it says that mine will ship by july 14th and july 2nd and 3rd my status moved to prepared for shipment my account finally got charged and I thought they just might send out the iphone early, but when I checked my account yesterday my status went back down to Not yet Shipped... Apple is really messing with my emotions
QUOTE Thanks
anthony k

anthony k is on a distinguished road

ordered mine on june 17th, on july 2nd status changed to prepared for shipment.

today, i got the email it has been shipped. expected delivery date of july 9th.
QUOTE Thanks
djgulia

djgulia is on a distinguished road

A whole slew of people moved to "prepared for shipment" on Fri night night/Sat morning. Some have been shipped and should arrive later this week. Some, like mine, have been at "prepared for shipment" for 4 days. Also people that ordered 1 week after most of us have already been shipped. There seems to be no methodological way Apple is shipping these out. Very random and it's annoying. If I ordered over a week before Joe Shmo, I should definitely get my phone before he does. Two thumbs down for Apple.

3rd Gen Green iPod Nano 8GB  Black iPhone 3G 8GB (sold)  08 13 Black Macbook  Black iPhone 4 32GB

Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to use my old iPhone as a regular phone | Failing to sleep »