New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

iPhone 4 reception issue based on location?

Thread Closed

corrado007

corrado007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfullness View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen this issue. I live in the San Francisco area and I seem to be fine. i've held it every way possible.
I've been reading through several threads about the iPhone 4 having poor reception and some people dismiss it, saying its not a widespread issue and that they and all of their friends who have an iPhone 4 don't experience the problem while others argue that its a major problem. Has anyone suggested that the reception issue might be related to geographic location more than anything else?
The person quoted above lives in a very dense metropolis where it is likely that there would be a large number of cell towers close by which would provide great coverage. I for instance live in Elk Grove, a small city on the southern tip of Sacramento, Ca. where my signal strength has always been just okay. I never dropped calls in my house with my 3Gs but I now do with my iPhone 4 almost constantly. If I go into downtown Sacramento the signal strength seems much more solid; I don't drop calls downtown although the bars only go down a little. Perhaps the iPhone 4 is more sensitive to signal attenuation and it is only noticed by those in less urban areas with fewer and farther spread cell towers. That might account for the split in observations of people who do and do not seem to be experiencing the signal drop problem with the iPhone 4.
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I live in a suburban area and I get fantastic service. No reception issue here.

June 2007
July 2009
Munky

Munky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (15"); iPhone 4; iPad 64GB Wi-Fi

I don't have a problem with mine at all. But my question is this, if it's NOT a software issue (and 4.0.1 doesn't fix the problem), I wonder what Apple will do to fix the problem.

Owner of a MacBook Pro 15"; iPhone 4 32GB; iPad 64GB Wi-Fi

Thread Closed

« Apple Store iPhone 4 list | iPhone 4 Possible Network Activation Problem »