Unhappy FaceTime trouble
    I can't get my iphone to connect with facetime. I keep getting a failure even though I am connected to my home's wifi. I even tried facetime with the apple reps at 888-FACETIME and they received a failure so I'm thinking it's my home's wifi. I have an Apple Extreme wifi that my macbook, ibook and nintendo wii connect to with no problems. I called Apple and reset the network settings on the phone, toggled the facetime switch on to off to on again, I can send and receive text so AT&T isn't blocking any messages. I don't know what else to do.... PLEASE HELP

Specs:
    IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishCatholic View Post
    I can't get my iphone to connect with facetime. I keep getting a failure even though I am connected to my home's wifi. I even tried facetime with the apple reps at 888-FACETIME and they received a failure so I'm thinking it's my home's wifi. I have an Apple Extreme wifi that my macbook, ibook and nintendo wii connect to with no problems. I called Apple and reset the network settings on the phone, toggled the facetime switch on to off to on again, I can send and receive text so AT&T isn't blocking any messages. I don't know what else to do.... PLEASE HELP
    before you think its a hardware issue you really need to try it on a diff wifi network.....

Specs:
    27" iMac
    Having the same problem. It will work on McDonald's wifi but not mine at home. Spent almost 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Apple testing my AirPort Extreme and still cant find where the problem is. Thought it was the speed but tested McDonald's and it was slower than mine. I have 3meg with AT&T DSL.

Thread Information