Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Forget will it blend .50 caliber round from Barrett sniper rifle!
    I only wish the "marksman" would have done some target practice before shooting. His aim stinks...

YouTube - iPhone 4 vs .50 Cal Sniper Rifle
    The super slo motion shot is pretty awesome.

Doug

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    That's nothing a little super glue won't fix!

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    Quote Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
    That's nothing a little super glue won't fix!

That and a little duct tape. Either way another great iPhone destruction video.

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    Very nice. Very nice.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    All you iPhone 4 haters!

I have an old Nokia you can shoot at!

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Hopeless shot, didn't hit the centre. Totally pointless too. I have to wonder why they do this stuff.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    I hope it's not me just getting old, but really I have always felt this way. I am AGAINST destroying a perfectly useable device that could make someone very happy and improve their way of life. That is a nice phone no matter what anyone feels. Total waste of a very expensive and useful device.

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    Hopeless shot, didn't hit the centre. Totally pointless too. I have to wonder why they do this stuff.
    Not totally pointless. It was for entertainment. They're obviously more of gun enthusiast's than phone enthusiasts and could afford to do it. Have you ever been to a firing range ? Do you understand why people whom love to target shoot, do so? Some kids never grow out of that destructive habit, and they are simply in that category, but are at the same time, practicing such habits in a more adult and safe manner. (safety equipment etc.. )

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    I hope it's not me just getting old, but really I have always felt this way. I am AGAINST destroying a perfectly useable device that could make someone very happy and improve their way of life. That is a nice phone no matter what anyone feels. Total waste of a very expensive and useful device.
    Yep... you're just getting old dude. It's just a piece of glass, metal and silicone. Nothing to get ones panties up in a bunch about. They paid for that device and have the right to do with it as they please. If they don't exercise the ETF right they're given with a contract, then they keep paying for it until the subsidy is finished.

I look at it like this: I'm on a train or bus, and am carrying an extremely heavy bag. The floor is filthy so I don't want to put my bag on the ground, but there's a seat available which I can sit on. There are no elderly or handicapped persons around, so I put my bag on the seat which takes the place of my body. Someone whom is as young and capable as I am (and is in normal condition at the moment) might ask to have the seat, but I'm going to tell them that I need my bag to be there.

You might see this as a waste of a seat, but the way I see it, it's MY seat and I will do with it, as I please. Of course I'd give it up for someone whom truly needs it, but I already alluded to that when I started giving this example.

Doug

Specs:
    Nope, not getting old at all. Do with your device what you want and I will do the same with my stuff. I do have the right not to like destroying a nice device though just like you have the right to destroy it if you want.

Putting your bag in an empty seat is just fine as long as no one comes that needs the seat. I don't see the connection to blowing a hole in a brand new phone.

Blow up your MBP if it makes your day. I will still call it a waste and have the right to do so.

And BTW, Even when I was 5, I never liked destroying working useful things.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    If you delve more into there videos, they did a iPad as well where they made there own App as a target (didnt watch this one as i believe it the same people) and they as the sound of it, didnt shoot straight there either, lower right of the target.

I think they need to do 2 clicks right and 3 up for it to be bulls eye ..... .50 Cal Vs iPad .....

@ Doug b IMO if they are enthusiasts wouldnt they be a better shot ???

I love the feel of a .50 Cal full auto to the point the barrel is white white white hot ....
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Nice shot on this first gen iMac --

YouTube - iMac vs Barrett 50 Cal

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Nope, not getting old at all. Do with your device what you want and I will do the same with my stuff. I do have the right not to like destroying a nice device though just like you have the right to destroy it if you want.

Putting your bag in an empty seat is just fine as long as no one comes that needs the seat. I don't see the connection to blowing a hole in a brand new phone.

Blow up your MBP if it makes your day. I will still call it a waste and have the right to do so.

And BTW, Even when I was 5, I never liked destroying working useful things.
    Ok then ye ol' codger ! Wait.. should I use bigger font for ya ?

me.

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Everybody keeps saying they have bad aim, but for all we know, they were trying to press the Home button!

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Everybody keeps saying they have bad aim, but for all we know, they were trying to press the Home button!
    LOL!

Ok, Doug B. No. I have never been to a range, because here in the UK guns are not an everyday hobby for people in general. Yes there are shooting clubs etc, but you would find very very few homes with a gun owner,despite the fact that this country has become more violent, and there is more gun crime here now.
    I'm with DTravis. Destroying a perfectly good phone or any other useful and expensive item for sheer entertainment is ridiculous.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Thread Information