New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone headphone recommendation

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

What would you recommend as the best replacement headphones for the iPhone?

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Buddha_luver

Buddha_luver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB

Bose in-ear if you go the funds to spend!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I've been paying $5.95 or $9.95 each depending on where I get them for some cheapie JVC earbuds. They work great for audiobooks. Usually buy a couple at a time. I either end up sitting on them or my wife has thrown them in the washer.

Have a pair of Bose earbuds for when I want to listen to music. They're not bad - not as good as either of my A/V systems.

Have found all of the "in ear" type to be totally uncomfortable for my tastes.
Plus with earbuds, I can lay the side of my head down on a pillow while wearing them. Try that with an in ear style.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I agree about the earbuds vs in-ear, they're just not as comfortable. I have the Apple in-ear which are about the most comfortable I've ever tried, but even those I can only take for so long.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Buddha_luver

Buddha_luver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB

Also the Bose are very comfy to me but, I also understand that everyone is different. I know with the Bose I can wear them for hours even at the gym. In-ear are the only ones I can use. I guess I have very small ear holes...lol and I always use the smallest tips only.
QUOTE Thanks
roffir

roffir will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

If you used the mic on the apple headphones, there is a mobile bose in ear which has the mic...
QUOTE Thanks
MrC

MrC is on a distinguished road

V-Moda FTW!!!
QUOTE Thanks
djgulia

djgulia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha_luver View Post
Also the Bose are very comfy to me but, I also understand that everyone is different. I know with the Bose I can wear them for hours even at the gym. In-ear are the only ones I can use. I guess I have very small ear holes...lol and I always use the smallest tips only.
That's my problem too. Earbuds never stay in. I find $30-$40 Sony in-ears are perfect for me.

3rd Gen Green iPod Nano 8GB  Black iPhone 3G 8GB (sold)  ’08 13” Black Macbook  Black iPhone 4 32GB

Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Monstercable's Beats By Dre earplugs are the best!!! They are actually good enough to DJ with.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Agree with JUKE ^^^^
But im into Skull Candy ATM, but there site is down ATM. There upgrading to make it a more enjoyable shopping experience lol

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Bahja

Bahja can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUKE179r View Post
Monstercable's Beats By Dre earplugs are the best!!! They are actually good enough to DJ with.

You can DJ in a club with a loud system with them on?

Wow, i couldn’t manage that mate. I guess you like to headphone mix and don’t have a loud monitor next to you in the booth? I must have a monitor blasting away as close to my head as possible to get my beat matching spot on.

A new MacBook Pro user as of oct 09 and loving it!! Sorry for the stupid questions i am asking as i know you will have been asked them a million times before
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

From my experience, Klipsch has the BEST sound out of them ALL! Bose or Beats by Dr.StupidDre don't even come close!
If money isn't an issue, and you are a true audiophile, go with the Klipsch x10i, you will love them!! They are the most comfortable in-ear headphones I have ever used! They are so light, you forget that they are in your ear.

Pros: -Has unbelievably good frequency that also keeps up to the widest range of speaking and bass you can find.
-100% noise cancellation. I also use them when I need to study...works real well.
-Noise reproduction is ultra smooth and balanced.
-Awesome bass at all levels, as well as voice/speaking.
Cons:A little expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for.
Klipsch Image X10i In-Ear Headset for iPhone and iPod - Apple Store (U.S.)

If you are looking for average prices, you can't go wrong with this, Klipsch Image S4i Earphones with Microphone - Apple Store (U.S.)
That's what I had before upgrading. It was actually hard giving it away to my sister because I liked it so much! Good thing it was for a good cause

I've had bose before, and I believe all you are buying into is the name! Vmoda/Senhheiser have products that are better, while still being cheaper! The only cool thing about bose is that everyone kind of knows the Bose name, so they automatically think it's cool! You need a real audiophile to know Klipsch, B&O, and B&W, to which comparing them to a bose unit is like comparing a Mercedes S65 to a kia rio!

Here's a tip, one that you might have already known: Don't take advice from a newbie in-ear headphone user. To them, a 2 dollar i-e set from ebay sounds good when you surround the small speaker with a soft rubber to channel the sound into your ear! It takes many purchases to know what is good/bad. So when you read reviews on apple's site, or another site, discard reviews from people saying something like this, "WOW! This was my first i-e set and it sounds AMAZING!!"

I'm warning you though, once you go Klipsch, you won't ever go back!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Would agree with everthing stated by idrinor. The problem for me, I can't stand in ear style headphones. Because those companies listed are into high fidelity only, they just do not make earbud style headphones.

I'd never suggest Bose anything for a home entertainment set up unless you just don't like getting lots better for the same money from multiple manufacturers.. However, due to no one else making earbuds, the Bose set have been the best I've listened to. At $100, they still will not compare to even some $60-70 in ear sets I've tried.

The Bose that I use for music do not have an inline switch , mic, etc. if you're looking for actual use with phone calls.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Here is my choice. I can't wear earbuds at work because they fall out so easy when working over your head.

Iam no audiophile so I can't tell anyone all about the sound quality but I can tell you that they stay pit around your neck when your not using them and George Jones and Merle Haggard sound great in them.

ZAGG | ZAGGbuds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones

Clay
QUOTE Thanks
Tactical Apple

Tactical Apple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone 3GS

Klipsch Image X10i In-Ear Headset for iPhone and iPod - Apple Store (U.S.)

$349.95? Seriously....? Im sorry but NO ear phones are worth MORE then an IPHONE 4.
-___- I bought a Monster in-ear and those are the most i would spend on earphones.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need some advice about iphone 4 | iPhone 4 car holder »